Sr. Logistics Associate
Greater LA Area
Bird is a last-mile electric vehicle sharing company dedicated to bringing safe, low-cost, environmentally-friendly transportation solutions to communities across the world. We provide a fleet of electric, shared scooters that can be accessed via smartphone. Bird is headquartered in Venice, California and is rapidly expanding across the country and the world.
What You'll Do
- The Sr. Logistics Associate will report to the Global Logistics Manager and will be responsible for all day to day logistics operations for their designated locations
- The person in this role is responsible for inbound and outbound shipments, and reverse logistics -- process, execution, management, and step-function improvements.
- Demonstrate the ability to coordinate with and manage 3PLs, to schedule and execute shipments, solving for visibility, predictability, SPEED and efficiency.
- The successful logistics associate will build and manage processes aimed at reducing turnaround time, reflecting accurate supply levels at all times, and targeting efficient flow of product to maximize Bird availability to market.
- Build, maintain and optimize processes to audit BOL against onsite availability of supplies using yard audits, and drive accountability from 3PL partner for scheduled deliveries
- Facilitate communication between procurement, planning, operations and market teams to ensure all stakeholders are actively aware of supply levels and shipments schedules, creatively overcomes hurdles, and escalates as needed to Global Logistics Manager
What You'll Need
- Minimum high school degree or 5+ years of logistics management experience
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks with minimal direct supervision
- Experience with managing and executing through vendor/3PLs
- Experience with regional import/ export, customs, certification requirementsIn-depth experience across all common facets of logistics operation
- Excellent verbal and written communicationExcellent people skills, with a ‘roll up your sleeves’ mentality
Bird Rides Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer, and we welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Read Full Job Description