Sr Engineer, Network
LegalZoom’s infrastructure team is responsible for all aspects of infrastructure operations and maintaining the highest levels of uptime to support millions of users. Responsibilities include designing and building LegalZoom network infrastructure for high-availability and security, planning and executing multiple projects, and supporting 24/7/365 site operations. Our ideal candidate is a very experienced network engineer with hands on experience and proven enterprise skills who thrives in fast-paced environments, enjoys multitasking, and is able to work independently or as part of a project team. Provide research, recommendations and solutions for redundancy, availability, scalability, and performance improvement.
What you will do:
- The candidate will demonstrate strong network engineering expertise to ensure the company’s network architecture supports reliable and available networking infrastructure meeting business requirements.
- Creates technical network artifacts to document current and future network architecture.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining all aspects of the network infrastructure (i.e. Racking/LAN/WAN/WLAN/VoIP/VPN/Network Security) for multiple office and co-location sites
- Provide 24/7 on-call (on a rotation) operational level support for all aspects of the network
- Serve as lead technical troubleshooter on complex data and voice network problems including working with vendors of related equipment and services
- Assist with other IT related special projects as determined by business need
- Proactively identify ongoing cost optimization, performance enhancement, and growth strategies
- Makes sound decisions based on key business and technical drivers
- 7 - 10 years of experience as a practicing network engineer
- Cisco certifications required – CCNA, CCIE, etc.
- Expert-level experience in the Cisco LAN/WAN and Routing
- Hands-on design and support experience with Cisco Catalyst and Cisco Nexus models
- Advanced knowledge in Cisco Security solutions including ASA, IPS, Sourcefire, VPN
- Expert in the use of network monitoring tools and distributed packet capture tools
- Experience with virtualization (VMware, Citrix, MS Terminal Server)
- Experience with storage systems and protocols (NetApp, NFS, CIFS, FCoE , iSCSI)
- Ability to independently troubleshoot complex routing, switching and forwarding issues on Cisco Routing and switching platforms.
- Quality Of Service understanding and configuration, able to customize across all Cisco platforms to support Voice, Video, and selected applications
- Significant experience with VoIP technologies supporting large call centers
- Solid documentation experience with Visio, Word, Excel
- Ability to handle several projects simultaneously
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent team player with ability to coordinate and cooperate with others
- 4 year college degree
- Cisco IOS and NX-OS
- VPC, BGP, MPLS, spanning tree, fabric path, firewalls.
- N+1 redundancy - in a 100% up-time environment.
- Juniper MAG Security products including SSLVPN, UAC experience is a plus
- WAN acceleration technology including Riverbed
- F5 LTM and GTM
- DHCP, DNS, Windows environments.
- Websense URL filtering knowledge is a plus
- Linux administration skills is a plus
LegalZoom is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to diversity.