Senior Operations Manager, Charger Operations
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters are available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
You will be responsible for a high performing team responsible for ensuring the systems affecting our Chargers are built to elicit the desired behavior. You’ll work with star engineers and product designers in a fast-paced, rapidly growing, hybrid technology/operations environment to solve the hardest problems impacting the rider domain of the business.
The role demands great technical depth, principled thinking, a stubborn refusal to settle, bold innovation, and a mentality of starting with the user and working backwards. The ideal candidate has built and led teams, is highly operational, highly entrepreneurial, and is obsessed with empowering our chargers. They are motivated by building the future, can dig deep into the data to solve operational issues, are always driving small improvements in process, hustles, inspires, and loves making something from nothing.
- Direct analysis on projects/experiments to inform strategic decisions, improving the experience for chargers
- Identify operational weaknesses and help improve or innovate new processes and product that affect charger interaction
- Design and implement light-tests to gather feedback, prove/disprove hypotheses
- Work directly with Product to define and implement launch of new charger-facing products
- Be accountable for results of the Charger Operations team and systems in its domain
- Evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of outsourcing and manage vendor relationships
- Collaborate with other teams to iterate and experiment with process and content (language, tone, format, etc.) to strive for the highest possible level of quality and consistency
- Report out to stakeholders on key metrics and state-of on a regular cadence
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant Operations, Product or Project Management Experience
- Experience with data driven decision making and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
- Proven collaborator and master disambiguator/simplifier - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery
- Excellent communication skills, ability to analyze data and convey results in a compelling way
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a complex operational environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop leaders
- Passion for Bird’s mission and the company’s hybrid technology/operations nature
- Growth mindset: you seek out learning opportunities for yourself and the team
- Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away
- Startup, do whatever is needed, approach
- Operations experience in logistics or tech-transportation
- Experience managing a vendor-outsourcing provider
- Experience with A/B testing
- Familiarity with Zendesk
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.
Read Full Job Description