Senior Manager, Operation Training & Enablement
Fair is a new way to shop, sign and pay for your next car—all on your phone. It gives customers the freedom to drive the car they want for as long as they want without a loan, long-term commitment, or even physical paperwork. Imagine never having to borrow money for a car again.
At Fair, our name says it all. It’s the way we treat our customers, our partners and our fast-growing family of employees. We believe in hard work—and that it should be rewarded. That’s why we offer equity incentives, education reimbursement, 100% coverage of medical, vision and dental premiums for employees and their families, 100% paid parental leave for 4 months, cell phone reimbursement, 401(k) retirement plans, and free lunch five days a week for every employee. The way we see it, it’s better to be more than fair than not to live up to our name.
Fair is committed to creating an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in the diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different.
Who You Are:
You’ve been responsible for the development of Fair Weekly Program training content and materials including the implementation of on-the-job training and quality programs. You’re a quick thinker and proficient in classroom and e-learning training in the customer service and tech environment; you also understand how to analyze the quality and effectiveness of the learning experience. You can facilitate workshops, compile and communicate opportunities and changes to key learning partners, as well as plan and implement large scale training programs through strategic and well-documented project plans.
As the Sr. Manager, you would be ensuring that internal Fair Weekly program teams are able to continuously provide extraordinary support to everyone involved in the Fair experience. This role is about building a solid foundation for our customer service onboarding programs, ongoing education for our representatives on both functional and soft skills training and checking in on the quality of to ensure that we are constantly moving our teams to success.
What You’ll Do:
- Build efficient and scalable training programs using proven adult learning techniques and interactive learning methods that motivate, challenge, support and empower employees
- Work cross-functionally with Fair teams to improve our operational processes, customer service experience and knowledge of our internal and external tools and products
- Direct the training team in strategy, planning, development and delivery of all onboarding and on the job training material
- Manage a team that delivers continuing education classes to employees for new and updates to products, services, customer service skills
- Support the review of employee performance through collaboration with internal stakeholders
- Identifying the issues and inefficiencies and recommending solutions to internal teams at all times
- Keep updated about all product and process changes across the organization that may or may not directly impact the business
- Develop multiple training plans based on operational needs and updating training programs to meet those needs
- Oversee the design of training manuals by identifying and describing information needs, obtaining feedback from management, and editing final copy
- Responsible for the quality of training delivery, instructional design development, train the trainer content, and performance feedback to class participants
- Generates new and innovative solutions to complex problems and proposes improvements to processes
- Function as Weekly Program team’s point of contact for all training concerns.
- Potential to deliver classroom training, demonstrate effective communication, presentation, media applications, questioning, conflict resolution, and employee management skills
- Provide training performance feedback to the training team including monitoring sessions, evaluations, performance improvement planning, coaching, and feedback
- Ability to display the highest level of professionalism and exhibit a model behavior for all new hire and existing employees
What You'll Need:
- You have a bachelor’s degree with 5 or more years of relevant tech training experience
- 5 or more years of experience with customer support, functional or specialty tech training programs
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in leading and managing training teams. Preferably in a call center environment.
- Ability to create learning solutions such as onboarding documents, OJT, POJT, business processes, Job aids, procedures, etc.
- Experience with managing a learning management system (LMS)
- Experience with creating technical and functional training via various forms of media
- Be available to travel up to 20% of your time.
- Be a passionate advocate for Fair beyond the classroom.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
What You'll Get:
- 100% coverage of medical, dental & vision benefits for employees AND their families
- Equity incentives (it’s only Fair that we are all owners of the company)
- Unlimited vacation package
- Daily catered lunch and fully stocked kitchen
- Cellphone reimbursement
- Green commuter benefits (1 block from Light rail)
- Paid parking
- Employee referrals rewards
- Diverse & inclusive culture
- Leadership & mentorship programs
- Discount on Fair cars