Senior Director of Safety and Mission Assurance
The Senior Director of Safety & Mission Assurance (S&MA) is a key leadership role of the Systems Engineering Organization. The S&MA organization that this person leads is responsible for defining the safety requirements for the hyperloop system, defining and implementing the safety program and liaise with US and International regulators and third-party organizations to define the certification strategy in accordance to existing and newly proposed standards. The Senior Director of S&MA is also responsible to the Quality Assurance function and System Environmental Requirements
The Senior Director of S&MA is responsible for the definition, production and approvals of the Safety Cases and validation reports regarding to system safety. The position will also be responsible for integrating system safety and security process and aligning them across different engineering groups and geographical areas.
- Develop and implement system safety programs in conjunction with leadership, to improve the culture of safety across the Company
- Oversees all aspects of Safety & Mission Assurance activities and projects within the organization. Ensures all engineering projects, initiatives, and processes are in conformance with organization's established Safety & Mission Assurance policies and objectives.
- Approves policies developed within various sub-functions and departments across the company for compliance with Safety & Mission Assurance polices
- Serve as the principal contact person for external regulatory bodies and accreditation organizations for audits, and other inquiries; oversees documentation, reporting, and closure of safety issues
- Principal point of contact with Transportation Authorities, National Safety Agencies, Independent Safety Assessors. Extensive international travel required.
- Coordinate the budget development for Safety & Mission Assurance, including immediate and projected needs of human and material resources. Assumes fiscal management and accountability for those budgets, evaluating significant variances constantly
- Producing and maintaining the System Safety Management Plan
- Monitor compliance with all applicable federal, state and local agencies and their regulations and laws and make recommendations regarding necessary changes.
- To be responsible for the independent verification and validation of the supplied system and the safety integrity of the technical solution, with respect to Safety requirements
- Orient, train and develop employees, and provide appropriate coaching, guidance and supervision
- Development of specific application, generic application and generic product safety cases.
- Conduct/facilitate PHA, FMEA, Fault Tree Analysis and other safety studies with Engineering groups
- Able to create departmental strategy, direction and agenda and actively pursue development and goals
- Strategic Focus/Vision to translate vision and strategy into a clear, actionable goals
- Demonstrated Strategic Thinker
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with design, test and analysis tools and systems
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- 15 years of applicable experience
- BSc/MSc in an engineering discipline or related field
- Proven experience in a start-up or developmental role
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to dialogue, negotiate, influence and work with other collaboratively and constructively
- Familiarity with CENELEC 5012x, IEC 61508 and/or ISO 26262
- Familiarity with ISO 9001 and/or AS 9100
- Experience in the development and implementation of safety and security programs and plans
- 20 years of applicable experience
- MS and/or PhD in EE / System Engineering
- Experience in developing and delivering high level safety engineering training.
- Led Safety & Mission Assurance teams through Definition, Implementation, Construction and Commissioning
- Experience in Operation & Maintenance is a plus
- Proven experience in mass transportation projects
- Development, certification and commercialization of new products
- Experience with requirements management tools such as DOORS etc.
Hyperloop One is an Equal Employment Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Hyperloop One will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the “Ban the Box” legislation. We may access publicly available information as part of your application. For full information on how your personal information will be stored and processed, please click here.
To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Hyperloop One does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Virgin Hyperloop One employees or any other company location. Virgin Hyperloop One is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.