Senior Director, Inventory and Release Management
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation, and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
We produce, distribute and promote the most acclaimed and commercially successful entertainment product to delight and entertain fans around the world. The specific group is responsible for managing the end to end Supply Chain to set up, manufacture and distribute time-sensitive media product to a very demanding retail and consumer market.
The Senior Director provides oversight and direction to three teams: UME New Releases, UME Catalog and the Inventory Management Team, which oversees all inventory for new releases and catalog within the team. This position is responsible for ensuring that all sales orders for all sales channels are effectively filled for new releases and catalog.
The Inventory and Release Management Senior Director is responsible for managing all Supply Chain processes pertaining to the New Release Life Cycle of Media product for UME, from Item and BOM setup until the Finished Goods are available in the UMG Distribution Center(s) for fulfillment of sales orders. This role will require a balance of hands-on execution and prioritization of day to day work, analytics and planning as well as team management.
Leadership and Supervision
Supervision and ownership of Inventory and Release Management resources assigned to the Senior Director. Leadership, mentorship, and development of the team. Assign, supervise, and approve work as well as providing feedback and guidance as required.
- Responsible for overseeing ten employees across three dynamic groups
- This will include creating BOM's, placing and reviewing purchase orders, managing vendor performance, ensuring timely new release milestone management, managing inventory receipt and prioritization and improving forecast methodology and inventory management capabilities
- Relationship management with labels. Will coordinate with UME label production leads on release strategy, purchase order quantity determination, BOM creation and end to end execution of releases.
Inventory Planning and Management
- Track critical path milestones for new release titles
- Coordinate and prioritize receipt of finished goods, working closely with operations personnel at distribution
- Procure finished goods and raw materials based on agreed requirements
- Participate in key meetings pertaining to new release titles
NR Item Setup and Procurement
- File maintenance, Item setup and Bill of Material (BOM) creation for UME NR items
- Create Purchase Orders (POs) for components and Finished Goods and place with Suppliers. Manage open POs to on-time and in-full delivery
- Manage, communicate and deliver each Release end to end in close collaboration with Label and UMG teams
Process & System Enhancement and Continuous Improvement
- Assist with the development of processes, system enhancements, and reports (e.g., Key Performance Indicators, statistical and trends reports) to facilitate execution of responsibilities
- Utilize key performance indicators to identify strengths
- Oversee reporting on all new release inventory management
- Produce and distribute specific progress reports pertaining to Release Management
Leadership and Management Skills
- Proven ability to build and develop exceptional teams
- Effective at managing and delivering results
- Change management skills
Day to Day Operations
- Demonstrated ability to manage and execute day to day operational tasks and transactions
- Takes ownership and responsibility for work progress. Positive mindset, attitude, and behavior
- Is a highly detail-oriented individual
- Takes independent action and works autonomously
- Takes initiative and seeks increased responsibilities
- General understanding of manufacturing and supply chain operations
- Embraces teamwork, shares ideas and methods to improve performance
Time Management Skills
- Prioritizes work activities; plans and stays organized in order to meet commitment and productivity standards
- Can seamlessly manage multiple projects and priorities
- Develops well thought out action plans
- Ability to analyze data and trends, make educated conclusions based upon data and execute transactions driving real results
- Demonstrated skills and abilities to analyze and inventory data and make reasonable recommendations
- Proven interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Expresses written ideas, thoughts, or facts in a clear, convincing, and organized way
- Required: English
- Any other language is an asset
- 5+ years of experience preferred in a production planning & execution role with a particular emphasis on demand planning, production planning, puchasing, inventory planning, analysis, and modeling, of which 1-2 years managing an operations team
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.) as well as other ERP or Product Management and Procurement Systems
- Experience in consumer products, wholesale, retail, or manufacturing environment is preferred
- Supply Chain domain knowledge
- BA/BS in Operations, Supply Chain, Business or related field; or equivalent experience
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.