Senior Director, Client Services
We are currently seeking an extremely motivated, organized individual in the capacity of Senior Account Director. The Sr Account Director is vital to the Client Services’ team and Operations as the main contact across multiple Customers and as the leader of the Account Directors. The Sr. Account Director focuses mainly on Customer management and relationships with some high-profile project management. The Sr. Account Director will work with Operational Leads and Executive Management to strategize, forecast and capacity plan. They will be essential for representing the Customer needs and expectations internally at Deluxe. The Sr. Account Director must have a good working knowledge of Operations and the digital delivery line of business. They should have some technical experience in managing relevant distribution services work so that they can explain technical issues that arise. Must effectively analyze and communicate information to make sure the Account Director team is supported and Executive team is informed.
This role requires critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making regarding facility capacity/constraints, operations and logistics, and customer fulfillment. This individual will work closely with multiple business functions including operations, sales, client services, and operations. This position reports to the Senior Vice President & General Manager, Global Fulfillment.
- Define objectives and associated priorities. Lead activities to achieve those objectives and monitor progress.
- Be a change agent for the organization: Seek ways to continuously improve client service – both to the client and internally. Guide team members to do the same.
- Coach, mentor, and train supporting team members. Regularly identify skill gaps and work with department leadership on ways to address.
- Ensure team members follow appropriate SOPs for the organization. May be required to define and write SOPs, if needed.
- Collaborate with Executive Management and peer level to seek ways to improve client service and the organization
2. Account Management
- Build strong relationships with the Customer; collaborate with Sales on how best to develop and grow these relationships. Use a variety of means for this: In person meetings (both formal and casual), sharing thought leadership, etc. Invest time in hearing/listening to Customer needs – near-term, longer-term.
- Provide day to day support to the Customer with laser focus on excellent customer service and customer satisfaction.
- Supply the Customer with regular account statuses and gauge reaction and satisfaction to Deluxe’s performance.
- Work with third-party Content Providers and Customers, establishing and maintaining relationships.
- Have a solid understanding of the Customer Accounts and share that with your team: Customer financial performance (their performance), customer executives/leadership, company news, their strategic priorities
- Work with Sales and Executive leadership to develop account plans and revenue goals: Account plans address activities to build and grow the account, including relationships.
- Identify areas of improvement for customer satisfaction and present them to the Executive Management team
- Identify ways to improve revenue opportunities with the Customer. Work closely with Account Directors to recognize these opportunities immediately.
- Understanding financial performance (revenue) and develop actions to improve: Attend flash meetings. Work with Sales and drive actions from those meetings. Understand associated rate cards
- Accountable for OTD, escalate OTD issues, client communication of any OTD delays on a high level.
- Responsible for ensuring all departments are aware of high profile titles, preparing plans as needed with the Account Directors.
- Billing – Ensure billing is current and timely. Attend accrual meetings. Audit final billing documents before submitted to Finance, if required.
- Reporting - Responsible for high level reporting as determined by Senior Management.
- Escalation - The Sr Account Director is available and responsive for urgent escalations and anything that supports the Account Director level during critical client deadlines.
- 15+ years of experience working with studios, networks, cable-nets, and broadcasters in a deadline-driven content environment.
- 10+ years managing client services/account management teams.
- Proficient in a variety of workflows.
- Agility when problem solving.
- Strong business acumen with a vision towards the future of the industry.
- Proven experience driving client management strategy across multiple entities.
- Proven experience providing the highest level of customer service with the ability to mentor team members to provide the same.
- Ability to thrive in a quick moving, startup-like environment.
- Ability to travel when business need arises.
- Ability to forecast.
- Results oriented
- Creative & Critical thinking ability.
- Proven track record keeping high quality standards.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience generating and analyzing reports for stakeholders.
Deluxe offers competitive pay and benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
Deluxe’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.