Safe Ride Support Specialist
Who we are
HopSkipDrive is the innovator in youth transportation, getting kids to their highest potential by removing mobility barriers, one ride at a time. Our platform is the safe, dependable transportation solution schools and families rely on to get kids where they need to go. Through our proprietary technology and innovative safety measures, our platform provides transportation solutions for school districts and families across the country. In addition, we partner with county governments and non-profits to help ensure educational access for some of our most vulnerable youth. We understand that transportation can be the difference between success and struggle, which is why we’re on a mission to use innovative technology, coupled with operational expertise and new thinking to help kids reach their full potential by providing a safe, dependable way to get them where they are going.
From our founding, when 3 moms came together to develop HopSkipDrive as a solution to their challenges getting their own kids where they needed to go, we have continued to innovate and execute, growing to now serve more than 7 markets across the country. We have driven more than 5 million safe miles while getting 750,000+ kids to more than 6,000 schools. Backed by top tier VCs and strategic investors, and with more than $27M in funding, we’re reinventing youth transportation.
We are based in downtown LA. Our mission, our enormous market potential, our team and the technology challenges we are solving make HopSkipDrive one of LA’s Best Places to Work.
Who you are
At HopSkipDrive, we know that to tackle our toughest challenges, we need different approaches, unique perspectives, and new ways of thinking. We are building a team of creative problem-solvers from many different backgrounds.
A Safe Ride Support Specialist exudes calm under extreme pressure, and strives to be a beacon of comfort for our drivers, parents, and riders. The ideal candidate has experience in customer service, is a master of multitasking, can stay calm and organized in chaos, and has excellent people skills. Proficiency in Excel, Word, Google Docs, and Kustomer is a plus.
This position is part-time up to 20 hours per week, and may require early morning shifts or late evening shifts. You will work remotely but must be located in certain states. You must provide your own technology.
Spanish speaking skills are a plus.
- Closely monitor live rides and provide any needed support for parents, riders and CareDrivers
- Resolve any issues that may come up during a ride
- Be able to recognize and resolve problems before they arise
- Answer high volume of calls to the Safe Ride Support phone queue
- Send and respond to high volume of SMS messages in the Safe Ride Support Queue
- Be able to act and react quickly in a very high-stress environment
- Troubleshoot questions about our app (iPhone and Android) and website
- Recognize and track trends in issues and complaints and suggest changes to improve our service
- Compile daily and weekly reports
- Use our CRM to log tickets attached to incoming phone calls
- Multitask with several apps and software programs to handle daily tasks
- Be able to code switch between tasks and duties with speed and ease
- Maintain adherence to all personal and dept goals surrounding performance
What you will get:
We offer competitive market compensation, 401(k), and an opportunity to work for a uniquely positioned, VC-backed company in a hugely attractive space.