Regional Manager, Europe
Why Work at Grindr?
Since 2009, Grindr has built the world’s largest social network for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. Now more than just an app, we’re a family of lifestyle brands with the shared mission to connect LGBTQ people with the world around them:
- Grindr – The location-based social app that started it all. Over 3 million people use Grindr daily, from every country on the planet.
- INTO – A digital magazine dedicated to queer perspectives: news, culture, commentary, video, and more.
- Grindr for Equality (G4E) – Our social mission to promote justice, health, and safety for LGBTQ individuals around the globe.
- Gaymoji – A one-of-a-kind collection of over 500+ stickers available on iOS, Android, and in the Grindr app.
- Slumbr – An event series for the high-minded partygoer, combining fashion, music, and art.
Behind the brands, Grindr is an inclusive and passionate family of thinkers, innovators, leaders, and most importantly, doers. We’re fueled by endless curiosity, constant collaboration, and a knack for crossing every finish line – all within an agile growth environment. We also enjoy tons of perks, great social events, and stunning views from our HQ in West Hollywood.
Grindr is seeking an experienced and entrepreneurial Regional Manager to conceive and implement the growth strategy of our free and subscription-based mobile application products in Europe. As one of our fastest growing regions, we expect a 100% growth over the next 3 years. In this position, you will report to the Director of Growth and focus on local user needs by utilizing consumer insights, data analytics, and grassroots efforts. You’ll have the desires to help drive the P&L of 60% of our business, increasing in acquisition, retention, conversion, win backs and monetization across Europe for both our Android and iOS platforms. You will suggest new features and products to launch based on market data and feedback. This is a brand new leadership position with the opportunity to shape on-the-ground local efforts across Europe from our West Hollywood HQ.
- Lead Grindr’s growth in Europe and identify business growth opportunities based on market evaluation and user research
- Lead localized marketing campaigns to promote the app and new features
- Work with our in-house marketing team and agencies to develop the strategy and implementation of Grindr’s grassroots efforts, data collection, and community engagement calendar (Street & Promotions Team)
- Provide regular feedback to the product, engineering, marketing, customer support, and Grindr For Equality teams based on local insights.
- Build partnerships with relevant local companies (Mobile Companies, Hotels, Restaurants, Bars, etc.)
Skills and Qualifications
- You have a B.A. or B.S. An MBA is strongly preferred
- 5 + years experience in Marketing, Growth, or BD experience in areas including monetization of mobile/tech products, email, CRM, directly managing retention and subscription of mobile apps, eCommerce, or dating sites
- Entrepreneurial spirit and eager to set up new teams and grow the business
- Highly strategic and able to balance long-term strategy with short-term results
- Analytical and wired to consume large amounts of data and insights
- Strong track record of setting and achieving metrics-driven goals
- Experience with executive presentations and communications
- Experience with global markets, products, and users preferred
- Frequent travel to Europe
Benefits & Perks
- 100% covered medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous Parental Leave
- Unlimited sick policy
- Competitive Salaries
- Catered daily lunch
- Stocked kitchen
- Free on-site parking
- Casual dress environment
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to Grindr without first entering into a written contract will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.