Regional LCL Consolidations Manager
We’re reinventing global trade.
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $300M from investors that include the Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, & Wells Fargo.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members. Help us solve real-world problems while streamlining the inefficient industry of global trade.
As a result of our global expansion, we're looking for an LCL Consolidations Manager to work within our Supply Team in managing operations & performance.
What you’ll do:
- Manage consolidation teams across various US hubs
- Standardize & digitize operations procedures across US hubs
- Redesign work-flows to drive efficiencies and internal economies of scale
- Design process flows to support e-commerce business needs
- Interact with clients and develop customized service offerings
- Implement performance improvements to further improve service levels and reduce operational “cost-to-serve”
- Negotiate & benchmark vendor rates
- Review feedback from operations teams on performance
What you’ll need:
- BA/BS degree and 5+ year of experience at a top consulting firm/ e-commerce space/ at a freight consolidator or a freight forwarding company is preferred
- Experience developing warehouse processes and leading cross functional teams is required
- Solid understanding of warehouse workflows and a general curiosity about innovation in the warehouse workflow space is an advantage
- Experience deploying RFID technology is a plus
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- An insatiable obsession with simplifying processes
- Strategic vision and ground floor execution;
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
Where you'll work:
We’re not far from the country’s busiest port (LA/Long Beach), and we manage our own warehouse — basically, we have an amazing opportunity to improve and streamline processes at destination. We eat great food, host tons of fun events on our patio, and bring our pups to work.
Investing your time with Flexport means having an immediate impact, all over the world. You’re empowered to do what’s best for everyone and trusted to make the right decisions when and where you need them. Join our collective of entrepreneurs and improve the world’s experience in global trade.