We're helping the world experience the joys of making music!
Alfred Music is seeking a Purchasing Specialist responsible for coordinating our inventory including overseeing inventory optimization, demand planning, inventory adjustments, communicating with print vendors, product lead times and generating purchase orders.
In 2016, Alfred Music joined the Peaksware Holdings portfolio of companies which includes MakeMusic (SmartMusic & Finale), bringing together leaders in educational music publishing and music technology. Alfred is now paired with MakeMusic to transform how music is composed, published, taught, learned, and performed.
If your career plans include becoming part of our wonderfully talented, dedicated team of music enthusiasts, we are eager to hear from you!
In this position you will have the opportunity to:
- Coordinate and monitor inventory levels; generate purchase orders and manage special promotions
- Process quotes on new and reprint items from vendors
- Facilitate conflicts related to vendors to obtain the most cost-effective solutions for Alfred Production team
- Insure all Purchasing procedures happen in a timely manner
To be successful in this position, you possess:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to understand database concepts especially with respect to inventory
- Extreme attention to detail and conscientious approach to checking your work to ensure accuracy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team-oriented attitude with the ability to work cooperatively in a team environment; an organized approach to distributing work
- Deadline driven mindset, flexibility, and ability to manage multiple projects at once
Ideally, you also possess:
- 1-2 years of purchasing experience
- Knowledge of AS400
- Music reading ability
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive, company subsidized medical, dental and vision insurance for employees and their dependents
- $600/year fitness reimbursement to purchase any items related to healthy living
- 3 weeks of PTO for all new hires...increases in PTO at various years of service
- 4 week paid sabbatical for all employees after 7 years of employment
- A culture of trust and high employee engagement
- Plentiful and free parking