Program Manager, Incubation
Our model is based on leveraging institutionalized data and our world-class network to evolve the way that consumer and consumer tech brands are built. We have also entered into a strategic partnership with P&G Ventures, an internal startup studio within The Procter & Gamble Company, in creating a new build studio within M13. This collaboration will leverage expertise in P&G's consumer-inspired innovation and concepts and M13's robust brand expertise, incubation capabilities, and funding to help accelerate the growth of selected consumer businesses.
We are looking for a Program Manager to join our in-house, consumer-focused brand incubator and accelerator. This Program Manager role provides a unique opportunity to meaningfully contribute to the vision and implementation of a platform that spans innovation, venture capital, and consumer insights.
The Program Manager will report directly to our Incubation General Manager. The Program Manager will broadly own 1. Building the curriculum for young founders to test and validate their consumer business concepts to eventually raise a Seed and Series A. and 2. Recruiting and managing young founding teams and arming them with a robust start-up toolkit while they are a part of our program.
The Program Manager will utilize and contribute to M13's proprietary playbook so that data-driven decisions can be made across our five growth pillars - brand, acquisition, product, distribution, and operations. Based in Los Angeles, this position at M13 brings the advantage of working within a burgeoning local ecosystem that attracts the top thought leaders and disruptive innovators in consumer tech.
Overall, this is a tremendous opportunity for someone looking to learn from and support founders, while helping back the next batch of amazing consumer and consumer tech startups.
What you'll do
- Build the curriculum for young founders to test and validate consumer business concepts to eventually raise a Seed and Series A.
- Recruit and manage young founding teams and arming them with a robust start-up toolkit while they are a part of our program.
- Educate and mentor our founder cohorts by designing business and testing strategies to validate hypotheses.
- Assist in business development activities by researching industry trends and creating supporting materials with the goal of cementing M13 as the accelerator for large consumer and consumer tech partners.
- Create and maintain relevant sections of the M13 Playbook in order to manage the idea pipeline, projects, and more.
- Contribute to Incubation brand efforts by attending and hosting VC and founder events, collaborating with partners, and engaging on social media in an effort to drive referrals and applications for our program.
Who we're looking for
- 5-7 years of proven success in early consumer-tech startup and/or incubation. Techstars, Y-combinator, or similar program management experience a plus.
- Strong process-orientation and exceptional team and project management ability.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and relationship forging skills to effectively collaborate with M13 team members, founders, partners, investors, and more.
- Demonstrated bias for action and ability to manage projects independently from start to finish.
- Reflexive, responsive, autonomous, and adaptable; capable of juggling competing deadlines with ease while remaining self-sufficient and attentive to detail and accuracy.
- Innate curiosity and creative mind with an eagerness to understand people’s motivations from a consumer growth terrain perspective.
- A data-driven storyteller, comfortable with numbers and analytics to provide the right scenarios, opportunities, and assets for our founder cohorts.
- Experience with DTC, social media, eCommerce, and the consumer tech sector is preferred.
- Exposure to Agile, Lean Startup, and Design Thinking methodologies is a plus.
- MBA is a plus.
What's in it for you
- One Team, One Dream - A chance to work alongside world-class talent in a collaborative culture that is respectful, inclusive, diverse, and inspiring.
- Comprehensive Health Package - Medical, dental, and vision plans that are insightful and supportive of the needs of each M13 employee.
- Open PTO Policy - We're focused on work/life balance and therefore set no firm guidelines as to how much time off each employee is permitted to take.
- Employee Profit Sharing Program.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan.
- Many more excellent perks available within our comprehensive benefits program.
M13 Fund II is a $150M venture fund, making it one of the largest consumer tech-dedicated venture funds in Southern California with top-tier investors and advisors. Prior to this new fund, M13 deployed $100M from its first fund, building a portfolio that includes Lyft, Ring, Juul, Bonobos, ClassPass, Rothy’s, Daily Harvest, and many others.
The goal of our incubator is to be the leading consumer technology innovation studio in the world. Our strategies to do so are focused on reducing as much friction as possible prior to launch. We are obsessed with founding teams and place particular focus on equipping them with the tools and resources they need to be successful. Our second area of focus is ensuring the operational success of the business by taking a data-driven approach to testing and validation of important aspects prior to launch.
M13 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We deeply understand the value of bringing together a team with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.