Operations Manager - Chargers
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
As an Operations Manager responsible for the support and success of the Charger program, you’ll lead a high performing team responsible for ensuring our Bird Scooters are charged in market. We are highly user-centric and we believe we can innovate our way out of any box.
What You'll Do
- Lead a team (5 to 20 people) of Operations Specialists responsible for the support and success of our Charger program
- Make strategic decisions to prioritize within your functional area; guide and set goals for the overall team
- Drive the team towards meeting key KPI’s and keep your team accountable
- Develop and coach your team and influence others
- Identify operational weaknesses and help improve or innovate new processes and products – looking at both the short and long term of our people and business
- Be a strong project and stakeholder manager with the ability to both plan and execute projects of varying urgency and scope with minimal guidance
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure efficiency and cross functional alignment as we continue to build and scale
- Positively lead the team through the complexities of a fast growing and dynamic startup
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's degree from a competitive university
- Minimum 5+ years of work support experience with at least 2-3 years of people management
- Strong Zendesk experience (rules, triggers, automation, etc)
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a complex operational environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop people
- Analytical and critical thinking ability
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Be nimble and adaptable
- Growth mindset: you seek out learning opportunities for yourself and the team
- Self-Starter that radiates positivity and possess a “can-do” attitude
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.
Read Full Job Description