Network Support Specialist
As a Network Support Specialist, you will play a hybrid role between the IT and Support teams supporting both external and internal employees. You will have a crucial responsibility in the growth and adoption of GoGuardian's Cloud Filtering product. You will be a member of the IT organization and embody the principles of fluidity, critical thinking, innovation, and collaboration.
GoGuardian is transforming education. We dream of a world in which students can leverage the power of the internet and their own curiosity while staying focused and safe from harmful content on their school-issued devices. We're building applications to do just that. Our products allow school administrators to create freedom within boundaries by setting rules around access, teachers to guide students through online content and collaboration, and school counselors to find and help students in need. But that's just the beginning, we need you to help us with what's next.
- Hybrid IT role that will support both external customers and internal employees, reporting into the GoGuardian IT Manager
- Day to day internal help Level 1 desk support to assist IT team with rapid corporate growth
- Provide internal troubleshooting best practices for support team
- Work with sales/success teams for at-risk clients using GoGuardian Cloud Filtering
- Act as a point of escalation when Support team requires deep DNS expertise
- Onboard/support external customers with GoGuardian Cloud Filtering
- 4+ years of experience working in a Support/IT/Infrastructure capacity and or similar experience
- Strong customer service skills focusing on ease of customer adoption (of GoGuardian Cloud Filtering product)
- Excellent and clear communication skills for a positive customer experience
- Successful cross training experience of internal support technicians
- Ability to quickly understand complex network topologies of various external customers, with a specific focus on DNS expertise
- Strong understanding of networking principles
- Experience working in a SaSS or EdTech Company
- Experience working in a fast paced, highly iterative work space
GoGuardian is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. GoGuardian does not discriminate against employees, applicants, interns, or volunteers on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, registered domestic partner status, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Read Full Job Description