National Account Manager, Amazon
Golden Hippo Media is a young, growing digital marketing company committed to helping everyone live their healthiest life. We create cutting edge health, wellness, and beauty products and work tirelessly to get them into the hands of the people who need them most - our customers. We're growing fast, but our core values remain the same as when we were founded in 2010.
Golden Hippo Media is currently looking for a National Account Manager, Amazon who will be accountable for the planning and execution of self-built strategic plans for various Amazon business segments. The position manages relationships with key contacts and develops and maintains internal processes to ensure execution of plans. Additionally, it is responsible for developing sales execution priorities of Pricing, Distribution, Promotion and Shelving in a virtual shelf/store.
HERE IS WHAT WE OFFER YOU
At Golden Hippo you have a chance to make an impact. You will have the opportunity to be creative, take initiative and grow. A career at Golden Hippo is more than just a job. It's the chance to work among friends every day, to work and play hard, and to see the results of your work firsthand. We work in a lively, laid back work environment with a fully stocked kitchen for our employees to use. We also offer:
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- Matching 401K plan
- In-office CrossFit gym with professional coaches
- Yoga and meditation breaks
- Casual, "no dress code" atmosphere and an open office space
- Highly interactive work with a talented, passionate team
- UNLIMITED room for growth and results-based pay increases
WHAT YOUR DAY IS LIKE
- Achieve gross sales targets, new item distribution goals, and all other brand/item targets by creating and selling programs to Amazon.
- Demonstrate industry, channel, and competitor knowledge and connect with customers to deliver fact-based information about products, nutrition, and trends.
- Perform Analytics of Sales Data, Promotions, and general trends to develop strategy.
- Use syndicated data sources and customer data portals, including Vendor Central and AMS.
- Responsible for the development and presentation of fact-based, analytical, and compelling sales presentations that provide ongoing education and category management insight.
- Responsible for ownership of all activities at assigned Amazon businesses. Develop comprehensive and aligned annual plans within Distribution, Pricing, Promotion and Virtual Shelving for Amazon business segments. Include forecasted sales and spending by month, annual promotional calendar, and account profiles.
- Collaborate with all functional areas of Golden Hippo including Finance, Supply Chain, Customer Service, IT, Customer Marketing and Product Development.
- Build and execute strategies and tactics at customer level. Ensure planned programs are both effective, efficient, and deliver desired ROI.
- Ability to travel approximately 40% of the time.
BEST CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- Bachelor’s Degree with emphasis in Business, Sales, Marketing or related field.
- 5+ years of sales experience required, 5+ years of sales experience in consumer packaged goods is preferred.
- 2-3 years experience building brands on Amazon is required.
- Expertise in building brands from the ground up through Amazon.
- Great execution skills by owning the tasks from start to finish.
- Skills in building winning relationships externally and internally and approaching difficult conversations with honesty and courage.
- Experience in shaping and applying strategy by anticipating business needs and developing plans that deliver results.
- Great abilities in critical thinking to issues and opportunities and demonstrate creative problem-solving abilities.
- A proven track record of achieving sales volume, spending, and profitability goals.
Golden Hippo is always looking for smart, driven self-starters who are excited to build a place for themselves in one of the most fun, exciting companies in Los Angeles. If you thrive on community and communication, learning from your failures, and embracing the unexpected, Golden Hippo just might be the place for you.