Greater LA Area
Bird is a last-mile electric vehicle sharing company dedicated to bringing safe, low-cost, environmentally-friendly transportation solutions to communities across the world. We provide a fleet of electric, shared scooters that can be accessed via smartphone. Bird is headquartered in Venice, California and is rapidly expanding across the country and the world.
You will supervise department leads and production team members to meet daily production requirements, assignments, safety, equipment operation, and quality control components for Bird’s production facilities. Additionally, you will work on projects and activities supporting facility goals, continuous improvement initiatives, and business unit/manufacturing strategies and objectives.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with Operations Managers to establish, communicate, and execute measurable production and cultural goals to deliver uncompromised safety, quality, service, and performance objectives in support of Plant Operations
- Install measurement systems that provide an ongoing real-time status towards achieving the day-to-day requirements to ensure that service levels are achieved
- Implement production processes to meet prescribed productivity and quality goals to ensure adherence with production schedules
- Anticipate problem issues before they arise and take corrective action
- Work with the departmental manager in the development and implementation of production cost standards and Bird product specifications; act as a resource in team settings to better understand and meet customer needs
- Coach the production team towards common objectives
- Apply sound motivational and correctional techniques, including team member coaching and disciplinary actions and recognitions for good work, as well as potential growth
- Contributes to the development of effective employee training programs
- Help drive our “Zero Harm” behavioral based safety program
- Assign specific duties to personnel, conduct investigations or research, and write technical, informative or operational reports
- Review reports, case studies, and other records prepared by personnel for clarity, completeness, accuracy and conformance with company policies. Route approved reports and records to appropriate personnel
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's Degree and 2+ years of productions/operations experience
- 5+ years of production/operations experience without Bachelor's Degree
- Experience functioning as a proactive team player
- Must possess strong planning skills with ability to analyze trends and determine corrective actions.
- Demonstrated ability to produce on schedule
- Demonstrated leadership ability through discovering and utilizing people’s capabilities, recognizing good work and earning the respect of peers and subordinates
- Good understanding of SPC and associated tools
- Proficient in continuous improvement tools such as LEAN, Kaizen, TPM, DMAIC, 5S, etc.
Please note: The position may require the ability to meet the physical demands of heavy lifting to carry out the assigned duties.
Work Environment: Position may require employee to work around energized equipment and is routinely exposed to hazardous materials. Position may require the exposure to various adverse conditions such as, heat, cold, noise, dust, fumes, dirt, and grease, and chemical substance.
Bird Rides Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer, and we welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Read Full Job Description