Manager, Streaming Operations
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. Universal Music Enterprises (UMe) is the centralized catalog marketing division for UMG, spearheading marketing, brand partnerships, sales, licensing, and more for the music catalog.
Ume, the catalog division of UMG, is presently seeking a Manager, Streaming Operations in the company's Santa Monica, CA location. This role will facilitate the development of strategies, processes and communication for the Commercial Streaming team & Label Embeds as well as oversee their implementation and progress. Core functions include development and realization of information flow, reporting tools & metrics, technology initiatives, and infrastructure that will support and improve the operation of the Streaming team. This position must research, identify and document the needs and workflows of Commercial, Marketing, International, A&R and other departments in order to provide seamless communication across these functional areas.
- Manage and develop improved processes in information collection & flow between Frontline Label Catalog Embeds and the Commercial Streaming team so that priority initiatives are clear, actionable and consistently met
- Collect, maintain and distribute pertinent details of key moments across UMe catalog history to prioritize for commercial catalog marketing activity
- Oversee collection of UMe new release information at track, album and video level and communicate priorities to streaming services facilitating featuring discussions between the Commercial team and DSPs
- Supervise the request of and process of actively securing necessary marketing assets for new releases and key promotional moments for catalog and frontline label artists
- Manage the collection of new release & key promotional moment assets to ensure timely delivery to DSPs ahead of campaign build deadlines
- Identify, recommend and lead the implementation of commercial streaming operations technology initiatives
- Coordinate the comprehensive capture of partner featuring and promotional efforts and analytics to determine campaign effectiveness
- Facilitate and optimize information flow across company, including to and from the executive leadership team and frontline label representatives
- Maintain institutional knowledgebase by creating a shared repository of reports, campaign results, analysis, tools and best practices
- Excellent Organizational skills – must be able to fully immerse in Commercial streaming workflows and understand processes and stakeholder needs from the highest levels down to the smallest details
- Ability to handle multiple projects and operate effectively in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to work in a collaborative, cross-team capacity
- Exceptional knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel & PowerPoint
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Solid understanding of the streaming marketplace
- 3+ years in commercial, operations, or similar field. Music industry experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.