Manager, Member Experience
If you love human interaction, this role is for you! The Manager, Member Experience will coach, train, and motivate our Member Experience and Inside Sales teams to deliver top-notch results and industry-leading member experience. While overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Santa Monica contact center, you’ll also analyze contact trend reports, strategize new ways to wow our members, and serve as the voice of the member to our organization.
You’re highly reliable, ambitious, energetic, and member-focused. The right person will be comfortable in an "all hands on deck" environment, loves solving people problems, and can thrive in a high-growth culture. You will co-lead one of the most energetic, exciting, and enthusiastic teams at Inspire. This position will include a base salary plus monthly commission based on performance against communicated monthly targets. The hours for this position are 8:00am-4:30pm PT, but may require additional hours as needed. This position may require quarterly travel to our Philadelphia office for up to a week.
THE MANAGER, MEMBER EXPERIENCE HAS FIVE MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- People manage an internal team of up to 10 specialists to achieve the highest level of member satisfaction and retention
- Deliver all contact center KPIs and retention targets that deliver significant revenue to Inspire
- Create scripting, offer strategy, and training to retain members thinking about cancelling their clean energy subscription
- Be the hands-on expert of the phone, email, and chat experience
- Champion the member experience in internal discussions with our Sales, Technology, and Marketing teams to prioritize improvements
SOME EXPECTED 2019 DELIVERABLES
- Grow monthly retention rate, service level, quality assurance, and winback results
- Increase ways members can contact Inspire
- Advocate for our members and represent the department in cross-functional work streams
- Decrease time-to-hire to increase service level attainment
- Creatively design our new Surprise and Delight program and monthly internal culture schedule
- Handle escalated complaint resolution including regulatory and legal matters, as needed
- Compile and present monthly member data to Inspire’s executive team
- Drive initiatives that deliver first contact resolution of 90% plus
- Monthly attainment of retention rate, service level, quality assurance, and winback goals
- 0% voluntary attrition
- Promotion of existing Member Experience team members into other roles around Inspire
- Empathy Champion - ability to connect with members and Avengers
- Motivator - drive consistent results
- Creative thinker - challenge Member Experience and Inspire to differentiate ourselves from the competition
- Passionate - loves people, customers, and our mission for a clean energy future
- Reliability/Accountability - follow through on commitments
- Player/Coach - ability to take a call one second and have a career conversation the next
- Must Have
- 5+ years of experience working in customer-facing roles (service, retail, etc.)
- You love coaching and mentoring
- You have at least 3 years experience managing employees, with a strong preference for 1+ years in a contact center environment
- You have working knowledge of call center technology including telephony platforms and CRM use cases
- You have a desire to change the world through clean energy and empowering people
- You are a happy, positive person who has a great approach in dealing with others
- You love collaborative work environments and are comfortable with making decisions on your own
- Nice to Have
- You are task oriented and obsessed with resolving issues
- You have a BA or BS
Disrupting the one-size-fits-all utility model, Inspire’s groundbreaking smart home subscription seamlessly combines personalized clean energy plans with best-in-class smart devices. Using the Inspire app, members can self drive their smart homes from anywhere, and select automated settings to use less energy while earning rewards. Inspire strives to make every home a smart home, powered by clean energy. Inspire’s mission is to drive forward a brighter energy future by simplifying consumer adoption of clean energy and smart home technologies.
Through continual innovation and scaling of connected device interoperability; clean energy supply, generation and storage; and intelligent, decentralized grid services, Inspire is building the world’s first fully-integrated clean energy company.
Launched in January 2014, Inspire homes have used the clean power production equivalent of 121 wind turbines since inception. Driven by a team of mission-driven Avengers in Philadelphia and Santa Monica,, Inspire prides itself on a culture of ownership, teamwork and stalwart obsession with “crushing it!”
CULTURE & PERKS
- Inspire’s culture balances the serious nature and tone of a professional company with the move-fast-and-execute tone of a rapidly growing emerging tech company. We believe in working hard and producing, but doing it in a positive and friendly environment where collaboration is rampant. Inspire calls its employees Avengers. It’s a team out to even the score on behalf of the common man, to challenge the status quo and confront apathy and old-world bureaucracy.
- Every Avenger lives for the mission: To build the world’s most customer-focused clean power platform and inspire a connected moment towards a brighter energy future. Avengers are scrappy, restless, humble and committed to balancing passion with purpose and profit.
- Inspire offers competitive compensation and equity packages, plus benefits such as health, vision, life, and dental insurance - Not to mention, unlimited vacation, 401(k) plan, and LOTS of cupcakes!