Manager IT Business Operations
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
UMG is currently seeking to fill the role of Business Operations Manager. In this role, the Business Operations Manager will be a part of the IT Organization and will work closely with the Head of Business Development & Operations.
- Keep your finger on the pulse of IT operations to ensure we're running as successfully as possible, stepping in to help drive improvements when identified.
- Coordinating and supporting senior leadership team in cross-functional strategic initiatives.
- Provide visibility on progress achieved on priorities, working with respective project teams and synthesizing highlights for executive consumption.
- Create connective tissue by working with and sharing knowledge among various functions, including Business Operations, User Enablement, Engineering, and Global Support teams.
- Engaging and soliciting input from stakeholders across the organization
- Collaborate with User Enablement to support training efforts.
- Work with HR to manage IT intern programs.
- Relationship building: ability to build trust quickly, high degree of empathy and expertise at managing senior, cross-functional relationships
- Effective communications: excellent communication skills to distill complex thoughts and strategies into simple, actionable recommendations.
- Team-first attitude: motivated to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, ever-changing. environment to help our growing business and how LinkedIn operates.
- Natural problem-solver: comfortable with data and ambiguity, and able to both delve into the details and engage meaningfully on higher level strategy.
- Executive presence: experience working closely with senior executives to solve challenging business problems; credibly present and debate recommendations with senior leadership.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- A minimum of 5+ years of work experience in strategy/operations at a technology company.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.