Manager Consumer Engagement
Lead, develop and execute consumer engagement and ecommerce campaigns in collaboration with UMG owned merchandise company. The Manager will be a key point person for all direct to consumer activities, including but not limited to, contributing to product ideation, pricing, store set up, customer list building, email marketing, store/product launch, sourcing and operational activities and ongoing marketing and analysis. This person will be the organizing force, strategic quarterback and leader in commercializing direct to consumer campaigns focused on driving revenue and fan/consumer satisfaction. This person must be skilled at managing and merchandising eCommerce stores and influencing and collaborating with all departments (creative, production, marketing, analytics), and will be responsible to organize, plan and collaborate with in the execution of marketing campaigns on a year round basis. They will be responsible for overseeing and managing multiple D2C stores and ensuring their success both during artist activity and special holidays but also in "off-cycle "periods, with direction and accordance with the needs of key clients, namely, Brand managers at UMG owned merch company. Additionally, this person must be adept at working cross functionally between merch company, UMG labels, digital marketing, operations, tech and supply chain teams.
- Must be a key participant in the release planning (defining key projects and goals) and release management (execution of the plan to achieve those goals) activities.
- Work with merchandise company to maximize the value of a distinct roster of eCommerce stores, and meet strategic and artist objectives of merchandise company, UMG and artist management.
- Communicate daily with digital and marketing teams to drive visits and conversion rates of all Consumer Engagement disciplines.
- Develop, execute and manage D2C product offerings and marketing plans/budgets including planning and ROI analysis, in consultation with sourcing, brand managers and digital marketing teams.
- Assist labels/artists/managers with advertising planners to optimize media buys around D2C campaigns and off-cycle promotional initiatives.
- Plan and oversee a consistent email strategy across all artists and stores, with executional support from central CRM teams and label digital marketing teams.
- Ensure approvals from all internal and external parties on design, pricing, manufacturing deliverables and collaboration with D2C ops team on set up and delivery of product to the fan.
- Liaise and make information about all programs available to international partners and answer questions as necessary to facilitate coordinated international launches.
- Work with multiple stakeholders across the D2C group, from Store Operations to UMG labels to ensure that campaigns are executed with delivery to the fan in mind.
- Monitor and respond to analytics requests across programs, reporting out on key learnings, insights and "so whats" on go forward opportunities.
- Monitor monthly revenue and acquisition results against targets and optimize programs to ensure goals are met.
- Coordinate with analytics team to provide timely reporting and insights regarding sales (historical and current), product offerings, trends, fan demographics, etc.
- Audit programs and stores to ensure each is contributing to revenue, profitability and growth targets.
- Strong ability to collaborate and serve needs of labels and artists, while maintaining a clear vision of what will drive results in an extremely fast paced environment
- Effective listener
- Creative product development with financial understanding and responsibility.
- Strong understanding of product P&L's to ensure profitability and margin
- D2C operations knowledge, resulting in the delivery of product ideas and campaigns that can be executed by store management and sourcing teams and deliver a great experience to the fan.
- Pro-active self-starter able to set and accomplish goals and work to established eComm group processes.
- Expert planning and project management skills
- Solid understanding of analytics and data analysis to develop product ideas.
- Understanding of music/entertainment industry
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
- Excellent presentation skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Good knowledge of eComm trends
- eCommerce and commercial experience strongly preferred
- 2+ years successful working experience in eCommerce, eCRM or related fields
- Experience in or exposure to the music or entertainment industries
- College degree level strongly preferred
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.