Mail Room Clerk
Capitol Music Group (CMG) is comprised of Capitol Records, Virgin Records, Motown, Blue Note Records, Astralwerks, Harvest Records, Capitol Christian Music Group, Priority Records and Deep Well Records, as well as Capitol Studios and CMG's independent label services and distribution division, Caroline. Capitol Music Group is based in Hollywood, California in the iconic Capitol Records Tower.
We are currently seeking a Mailroom Clerk at the Capitol Records Tower in Hollywood to become part of our Office Services team. The Clerk will be responsible for sorting all incoming mail and packages in preparation for distribution. Deliver all USPS mail, FedEx, UPS and DHL packages. Process all outgoing UPS and USPS shipments. Research and arrange to pull files from off-site archives as needed. Answer heavy phones and employee inquiries. Prepare international shipments. Operate Neopost and UPS Track Pad/Campus Ship software. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds. Other duties as required.
- Sorts mail according to destination and type.
- Delivery and pick-up of mail/parcels and overnight letters and packages to all floors.
- Assist with the sorting and delivery of Staples Office Supply orders.
- Monitor and maintain mailroom and Xerox supplies.
- Assist with minor office moves, picture hanging, etc.
- Pick-up mail from U.S. Post Office. Must have reliable vehicle and the vehicle must be fully insured and comply with all applicable vehicle codes and laws in the state in which it will be operated.
- Place calls for messenger services for departments when requested.
- Stock copy paper in Xerox areas on all floors and assist with troubleshooting of all Xerox machines and calling in for service as needed.
- Maintain the mail processing area keeping it clean and well organized.
- Must have good communications skills to interact with all departments.
- Must be able to work within a busy office environment.
- Must have well developed interpersonal skills.
- Have good organizational skills.
- Have flexibility and discretion when dealing with employees and co-workers.
- Must be able to lift packages, trays and tubs of mail up to 50 pounds.
- Able to bend, stoop and kneel frequently every day.
- Must be able to spend a large part of the day standing up and moving around.
- Previous mail processing experience preferred; must be able to operate postage machine equipment.
- Microsoft Office experience preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.