Lumi helps ecommerce brands produce memorable and sustainable packaging through our online platform and worldwide network of factories. Tens of millions of packages are being shipped every year with Lumi products.
By joining Lumi you will have a front row seat to the rapidly changing way people buy things, and the supply chain behind everything that gets shipped to your doorstep. Learn more →
Lumi is looking for a highly organized Logistics Associate with a strong eye for detail to join our Downtown LA Headquarters. This hardworking person will have an interest and basic understanding of the printing/packaging industry. You will be responsible for quickly and accurately fulfilling orders.
- Support in the smooth operational flow of logistics related tasks including communication with the customers, freight partners and manufacturers, and keeping accurate records in the system
- Ensure we have accurate customer receiving information on file
- Arrange shipments based on customer guidelines; make sure that receiving details capture the latest customer requirements
- Schedule drop shipments, parcel and freight from our factory partners direct to our supply chain customers
- Close out orders and update tracking information promptly
- Support in coordinating import of international orders, FCL, LCL and ISF filings
- Quote shipment costs and negotiate better rates with carriers
- Maintain factory partner guidelines and contact for seamless scheduling and pick ups
- Record key logistics performance indicators against benchmarks, targets and service agreements
- Support SC team with analysis of freight costs
- Develop solutions in the operations area by collaborating with other functional internal departments and logistics services providers, and maintain optimal efficiency
- 1-2+ years in Supply Chain/Logistics
- Extremely organized & detail oriented
- Proven track record of improving systems
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Comfort with multi-tasking and in a fast paced, often high-pressure environment
- Forklift Certified is a plus (or willing to be certified)
- Strong Excel and data management
What we look for
Our team is made up of people from diverse backgrounds, often working remotely across the world. We believe cross-pollination is one of the best ways to foster community and new ideas. For that reason we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to any of our positions.
Creating a great environment for everyone on the team is something we care deeply about. There are a few qualities we look for in anyone joining Lumi. Here are some of the questions we'll be asking ourselves when reviewing your application:
Curiosity: Your role will evolve as time goes on. Do you have an eagerness to learn new skills, adapt to new situations and get out of your comfort zone?
Communication: Whether it is in written or spoken form, are you able to communicate clearly and concisely with others?
Empathy: Do you collaborate well with others? How do you deal with disagreements? Do you relate to the challenges we seek to solve for our customers?
Work ethic: Do you have a can-do attitude? In the ever-moving world of logistics, will you do your best to not keep others waiting? Can we rely on you to bring rigor and enthusiasm necessary to your work?
Good taste: Are you attentive to details? Do you care about creating an elegant, pleasant experience for customers and those around you?
Note that due to the volume of applications we are not able to reply to everyone. Rest assured, we do read every application. Thanks for considering us!