Logistics Associate, North America
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
What You'll Do
- Report to the Global Logistics Manager and be responsible for all day to day logistics operations for your designated locations
- Be responsible for outbound shipments and reverse logistics -- process, execution, ownership, and step-function improvements.
- Demonstrate the ability to coordinate with 3PLs, to schedule and execute shipments, solving for visibility, predictability, speed and efficiency
- Build and refine processes aimed at reducing turnaround time, reflecting accurate supply levels at all times, and targeting efficient flow of product to maximize Bird availability to market
- Build, maintain and optimize processes to audit BOL against onsite availability of supplies using yard audits, and drive accountability from 3PL partner for scheduled deliveries
- Facilitate communication between procurement, planning, operations and market teams to ensure all stakeholders are actively aware of supply levels and shipments schedules; creatively overcomes hurdles and escalate as needed to Global Logistics Manager
What You'll Need
- 3+ years of experience in logistics management or related field
- Experience with managing and executing through vendors/freight forwarders/3PLs
- Experience with regional import/export, customs, certification requirements
- Ability to work both independently with minimal guidance and cross functionally with various teams
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a fast paced environment
- Strong communication, organization and stakeholder management skills
- A ‘roll up your sleeves’ mentalityBachelor's degree in a quantitative field
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.
Read Full Job Description