Library Assistant (Contract)
How your skills and passion will come to life at Headspace:
- Responsible for the tagging, cataloguing and processing of DAM assets.
- Assist with the organization and processing of content and related resource materials.
- Upload material to DAM, server and cloud storage.
- Work independently on assigned projects to improve access to content, assess digital readiness, initiate and complete digitization projects, and ensure preservation of records in all formats.
What you’ve accomplished:
- Previous library experience; research and cataloging experience, basic understanding of library principles and practices; familiarity with DAMS
- Familiarity with asset management and controlled vocabulary systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to follow detailed instructions and work independently.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of digital asset management and archival principles
- Familiarity with cataloging, LCSH, LC Classification and authority control
- Experience with metadata schema and standards; knowledge of controlled vocabulary thesauri
- A strong public service orientation assisting archives users from diverse backgrounds in collegial, collaborative, and diverse environments