Learning and Development Director
Are you an experienced learning and development professional, who loves to both create exciting, innovative curriculum and deliver that curriculum to enthusiastic team members, eager to be the most informed and effective ad-tech professionals in the business? Are you a creative and strategic thinker with lots of positive energy who truly enjoys working with high-achievers? Do you picture yourself working for a company where accountability, ambition, recognition, respect and trust are the five main pillars of culture? If so, read on. We believe people are effective, good, honest and reliable. We hire people that share that belief. We also happen to be the fastest growing company in advertising.
As Learning and Development Director you will be responsible for defining the new hire program for one of the fastest-growing companies in the industry. You will also work with key growth teams and their leaders to create both specialized new hire and continuing education programs for Sales, Customer Success, Product Development and Engineering. Lastly, you will hire, train and oversee a small team of learning and development experts to meet the demands of our growing organization.
- 5 or more years in a management role within learning and development. Samples of original materials created for L&D purposes.
- Proficiency with all basic technology and software (Google Docs, Keynote, MS Office, Etc.) as well as familiarity with specialized L&D software and services.
- Samples (video preferred) of presentations to large and/or small groups.
- Ability to present information, using a variety of instructional techniques and formats such as role playing, simulations, team exercises, group discussions, videos and lectures.
- Experience managing a complex schedule classes based on demands of key internal clients and students.
- Experience monitoring, evaluating and recording training activities and program effectiveness.
- Experience assessing training needs through surveys, interviews with team members, focus groups, and/or consultation with leaders.
- Experience hiring and building L&D teams as well as supervising instructors, evaluate instructor performance, and refer instructors to classes for skill development.
The gig comes with a few perks:
- Collaborative work environment with friendly people
- Beautiful office with an open floor plan and huge windows
- Transparency-we share very detailed financial info at company meetings
- Investment portfolio- Acorns contribution from SteelHouse
- Competitive compensation
- 100% healthcare coverage
- Open-ended vacation policy with an annual vacation stipend!
- 401k plan
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for dependent, medical and dental care
- Weekly food deliveries, food trucks and outdoor BBQ
SteelHouse provides advertising software for direct marketers, agencies, and brands of all sizes. The SteelHouse Advertising Suite provides marketers with everything they need to launch retargeting and prospecting campaigns through display, mobile, and social. The SteelHouse Creative Suite lets anyone create beautiful ads using the content around them. Our solutions give advertisers total transparency and complete control over their campaigns – all with the fastest go-live in the industry.
SteelHouse Wins: built in Los Angeles Top 100 Digital Companies in LA, Hermes Creative Award Winner, Telly Award Bronze Award Winner, AVA Digital Award Platinum Winner, EMA Innovator Award Winner, LA Business Journal’s Top Places to Work in LA.