Greater LA Area
Team and Role Overview:
Manager to join our growing team at our headquarters in Los Angeles. As IT Manager at Relativity, you will be responsible for all areas involving IT operations and support. Your approach will bring together the best of leading a small team of DevOps and IT technician resources, and being hands-on in solving technical problems for all Relativity employees.
You are passionate about technology and people, and bring a thought leader mindset to all automation, infrastructure, and support challenges. You are able to investigate and resolve technical problems yourself, while setting priorities and providing guidance to a team that supports a rapidly growing, multi-site organization. You will manage and grow the IT operations team at Relativity, and report to the VP of Operations.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives
To help us revolutionize the way rockets are built and flown, as the IT Manager at Relativity, you will:
• Manage Relativity’s IT Operations (helpdesk, system administration, infrastructure) to deliver a seamless employee experience
• Establish and continuously improve processes and standards to ensure IT addresses all needs and operates resource-efficiently, and at scale
• Ensure that Relativity has the IT infrastructure in place to meet its aggressive growth targets, and meets flexibility, reliability, and cost targets
• Partner with our Enterprise Architecture and Infrastructure/DevOps resources to implement solutions that meet all critical functional needs, and optimizes the trade-off between buy and build
• Establish information security standards and metrics, and ensure consistent success meeting information security targets, while continuously trading off usability and security
• Oversee definition and implementation of a highly functional, multi-site IT infrastructure strategy, spanning all of our current and future sites
To be successful in this role, you should have 5+ years of experience in IT management, ideally in a small-to-midsized, high-growth environment at a technology company. Prior experience working across various IT systems, applications and infrastructure, and a deep passion for support operations are critical. You have proven in past roles that you can take existing IT processes and systems, and elevate their performance, to create positive impact from day one.
As a leader within our IT organization, you are always exploring ways to improve your team’s results-effectively engaging with functional experts to establish IT project plans, and show outstanding customer orientation by providing support and guidance to all user groups. You thrive in ambiguous environments, are passionate about building structure from scratch, and have a relentless focus on excellent results. On a day to day, you are able to triage short-term fixes while developing long-term, cost effective solutions.
Minimum Skills & Competencies
- BSc/BA in information systems, network engineering, or related field and 5+ years of IT Engineering/Operations experience.
- Experience as an IT lead/manager in a startup or other dynamic, high-growth company environment.
- Expertise in system administration (preferably, Windows, Atlassian, various cloud services), including analysis, implementation, and evaluation of technology infrastructure and systems.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills - including the ability to communicate with people in multiple locations in a high-touch, personalized manner.
- Demonstrated experience engaging with vendors and outside contractors to meet organizational objectives.
Preferred Skills & Competencies
- You bring a thought leadership mindset to the table to support a high performance and growth environment, and operate highly effectively at the tactical level
- Experience with a scripting language or other programming languages.
- Experience implementing solutions with a low barrier to entry to for all company staff.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description