Health Coach Manager (Headspace Health)
How your skills and passion will come to life at Headspace:
- You bring a positive attitude and authenticity to your work, such that both participants and coaches look forward to engaging with you.
- You lead with self-awareness and compassion to empathize and connect with participants and coaches to build trust.
- Educate patients about how we support their chronic illness.
- Develop and deliver coaching curriculum to help patients identify their health goals and motivations.
- Build and deliver personalized lifestyle interventions made of bite-sized behavior change that will help patients achieve their health goals.
- You provide supportive accountability to coaches by scheduling regular training, ongoing development, and proactive management calls/meetings. You problem solve with coaches if things aren’t working.
- Work collaboratively with the Headspace Health team to improve the coaching service by providing feedback, recommendations and sharing coaching best practices.
What you’ve accomplished:
- Bachelor’s degree in health-related field required such as nutrition, exercise physiology, health education, nurse case management etc.
- Certification in health coaching (or similar).
- 3 years of experience coaching patients one-on-one to help them meet their health goals.
- 2 years of experience managing teams, particularly as it relates to behavior change and health.
- Preferred prior experience using software/technology to deliver health coaching.
- Ability to educate and facilitate behavior change around domains of wellness.
- Trained in Motivational Interviewing.
- Experience working with chronic condition management is a plus.
- An exceptional interpersonal communicator and manager; you are patient, attentive and kind.
- Passionate about working with coaches to improve outcomes by inspiring and providing guidance.
- Creative and resourceful with a broad skill set of tools for helping people to engage in their health.
- Compassionate, open-minded and non-judgemental - you know that it can be hard to change behavior.
- Proactive about identifying inefficiencies and being solutions-oriented to improve workflows for both immediate goals and long-term/scalable results.
- Independent, creative self-starter, flexible, comfortable with ambiguity, and thrive in a fast-paced work environment that encourages critical thinking and problem solving.