Global Application Analyst II
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
The IT Operations – Application Services department is responsible for Application Support, Application configuration, change management and Quality Assurance. We provide services, manage and support local and global applications by partnering with multiple project teams and vendors across various platforms and technologies. We interface directly with the clients and project teams to facilitate business efficiencies and/or cost savings which allow UMG to invest in new revenue strategies. Our client community includes retailers, publicity partners, marketing departments, ecommerce, online distribution retailers, and various music labels within our company as well as internal UMG users.
The Application Analyst will take a lead role in the resolution of incidents and providing customer service to application users and IT partners.
They will primarily be required to provide 2nd level resolution and services support which includes but not limited to tasks such as:
• In depth troubleshooting / forensic analysis
• Business process management comprehension
• Impact analysis via understanding of interfaces and application integrations
• Back end analysis
• Performing platform support and/or writing, executing scripts
• Server analysis and troubleshooting
• Coordination between multiple resolving agencies
• Ability to recreate issues and concisely identify when an incident is a bug versus working as designed
• Escalations and respective communications to stakeholders
These incidents may or may not be technical, depending on the nature of the incident. They will on the very rare occasion be required to assist first level support which is often non-technical and includes but not limited to tasks such as:
• Mailbox management
• Triaging and preliminary analysis and troubleshooting
• Ticket escalation
• User administration
• Incident communications
This position works closely with project and other departments' support staff. Additionally, takes a lead in the development and integrity of the Knowledge Base resources.
On occasion, the analyst will be required to work outside of their core hours. The analyst will be expected to participate in the on-call rotation including holidays and be compensated accordingly.
• Respond, resolve or triage and escalate incidents
• Participate in application onboarding in order to gain functional knowledge of applications
• Continuous improvement and training/knowledge transfer towards becoming subject matter expert for multiple applications
• Assist and train new team members with onboarding applications to ensure support continuity and back up
• Perform self-assessments by reviewing incidents escalated and proactively identify gaps in knowledge and tools needed
• Utilize and maintain the support Knowledge Base for implementing solutions and documents new solutions.
• Work with management and business to prioritize and resolve incidents within the designated application service level objectives/ expectations.
• Liase with team members, technical leads or the application development teams to provide users with updates to resolutions when requested
• Demonstrate drive and initiative; be goal-oriented, dedicated and self-sufficient
• Provide effective client communication during regular updates or escalate when appropriate
• Excellent problem solving, analytical and time management skills
• Ability to multi-task and switch between tasks quickly and smoothly
• Excellent interpersonal skills and organization skills
• A strong desire to learn and expand their technical knowledge
• Ability to work autonomously and exhibit excellent judgment
• Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines and resolve urgent incidents
• Ability to work cooperatively as part of a team
• Ability to break down complex problems and provide expert advice on DI Applications.
• Ability to take ownership of technical incidents and work with applications teams
• Excellent writing and editing skills for technical documentation
• Environment and motivation suitable for doing 24/7 on-call support when assigned
• Required: 3-5 years' experience in hands-on advanced IT support (Level 2+)
• 1+ years' experience in the software development life cycle including business analysis and deployment
• Required: Knowledge of Windows and general desktop & server support issues
• Knowledge of MS Office, inclusive of Visio, Frontpage, SharePoint,
• Highly Preferred: Knowledge and experience working with .NET, HTML technologies
• Highly Preferred: Knowledge and experience working with MAC OS, IIS, XML, CMS
• Required: In depth knowledge of Relational Databases including Oracle, SQL including scripting
• Required: Knowledge of Integrated systems and applications
• Required: Good understanding and experience on XML, XML Schema, Web services (Rest and SOAP based).
• Preferred understanding and experience specifically in music metadata, repertoire management, or content management systems.
• Highly Preferred: A good level of understanding Dev Ops activities including Cloud operations, Network and Server configuration.
• Undergraduate degree in computer science, business, or other relevant field preferred. (5 years significant relevant industry experience can be substituted)
• Support Center Analyst Certification desirable but not required
• Other technical or support industry certifications also beneficial
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.