General Manager (Marketplace, Brokerage, Drayage & OTR)
Greater LA Area
NEXT is a venture-backed company boldly taking on the challenge of digitizing the $800B freight trucking industry. Our technology is transforming the way shippers and truckers engage and communicate by creating a platform where shippers can instantly find truckers with capacity and have real time tracking updates and transparency with the movement of their freight throughout the entire shipping process.
NEXT was founded by Lidia Yan and Elton Chung with over 20 + years of experience in logistics and technology. We have raised a total of $125M from investors like Sequoia and Brookfield. We have assembled a team with experience from companies such as Airbnb, Uber, Amazon, Snap, Kareo, GoFundMe, CH Robinson and JB Hunt. Come join us as we innovate the transportation industry.
As the General Manager of NEXT, you will own the operations strategy and growth plan for the online marketplace, traditional brokerage business, drayage and over-the-road carrier operations. You will discover and design business solutions and work cross functionally in a fast-growing business. You will manage a team of operators and analysts, and you will work to scale the business. We are seeking a dynamic individual from outside of the transportation / logistics industry to help manage and grow a technology business within an inefficient, staid value chain that is primed for disruption.
What You'll Do:
- Oversee the P&L of marketplace, brokerage, and asset verticals
- Work with operations heads to develop process and system improvements to continually raise the bar of execution
- Collaborate with product team to determine product strategies, roadmap, critical business process and tools
- Hire and manage the program team including program managers and analysts to develop key insights to streamline operation
- Become liaison between product, marketing, sales, operations and finance team to foster strong partnerships internally
- Provide operational metrics to the management team and monitor the health of the business
- Manage multiple territories. Train and assist local GMs to open new markets
What You'll Need:
- 8+ years of hands-on experiences with leading operations, business analytics, marketing, customer success, and project management
- Data driven with an ability to use data to establish value priorities and product and operations strategies
- Unparalleled business acumen and motivational leadership driven by personal influence and example
- Entrepreneurial spirit and eager to take on new challenges
- Experience running complex and fast-paced operations, building processes and systems, training large groups of operators, and building multiple new products
- Proficiency with advanced financial modeling techniques
- Excels in evaluating business performance data and KPIs to monitor business health
- Scrappy, resourceful, and gets things done
- Bachelor's Degree with an MBA or relevant Master's degree a plus
What We Offer:
- Competitive base salary, bonus, equity
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k w/ company match
- Vacation and Holidays
- Casual work environment
- Dog friendly office
- Flex hours (we know SoCal traffic)
NEXT is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected]
To all recruitment agencies: NEXT does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, NEXT employees or any other organization location. NEXT is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description