General Manager, International Markets (Japanese)
iHerb is one of the leading global e-commerce retailers with its emphasis on Nutritional and Wellness products. Our mission is simple…providing the best overall value for natural products through "e-simplicity." Our values can be best defined as an environment in constant and continuous pursuit to conscientiously meet the needs of our customers, business partners, and team members while doing our part to safeguard the environment.
- Market Lead - Drive executive leadership to deliver successful execution towards Japanese market performance targets through functional team responsibilities including: local marketing, local customer service, and localized content operations.
- Acquisition Marketing - Lead the market growth of new Customer acquisition through efficient, measureable, and scalable marketing/advertising channels including paid advertising, paid social, CRM, on-site marketing, and referral/affiliate.
- Marketing Platform Partnerships - Lead strategic business development activities to drive Customer and sales growth; partnerships across open marketplace, payment, shipping, affiliate network, mobile distribution, and other platforms.
- Go-To-Market - Lead the end-to-end success of new marketing program launch; marketing/promotions, campaign localization, local program operations, customer service, and local market customer feedback.
- Site Content & Marketing Campaign Design - Develop and continuously optimize iHerb e-commerce store content operations, marketing campaign localization, market pricing, and local promotion policy that is locally relevant and market competitive.
- Customer Experience - Drive concerted improvements across iHerb e-commerce store content experience, Delivery service, and Customer Service to ensure a delightful end-to-end Customer experience.
- Strong understanding of e-commerce industry and competitive landscape in Japanese speaking markets.
- Strong understanding of market Customer demand and behavior in the supplements, vitamins, and other health related natural product industry.
- Track record of success building and developing high performing teams, driving execution towards quarterly/annual marketing growth targets.
- Strong leadership behavior, sound judgement, great decision making capabilities, problem solving skills.
- Strong combination of marketing, business development, marketing/site operations, and customer experience.
- Fluency (verbal and written) in Japanese and English languages.
- 15+ of experience in e-commerce business.
- 7+ years of e-commerce experience in Japanese speaking markets.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Finance, Science/Engineering, or related field or a combination of education and equivalent work experience.
- An MBA is preferred.