Founding Team, Brand Acceleration
We are looking to assemble a team of leaders to accelerate our incubated businesses. You are an experienced operator who is passionate about building a company and are ready to step in and help lead this effort.
Opportunity – let’s build this together
M13 is a full-service venture firm that supports founders through different stages of growth via our venture fund [$150M Fund II], incubator, and accelerator. We are passionate believers in the vital role of founders and are obsessed with ensuring the success of founding teams. We do this with our extensive experience as founders and operators, broad network of relationships, and proven processes, all codified in our proprietary playbook.
We have entered into a strategic partnership with P&G Ventures, an internal startup studio within The Procter & Gamble Company, in creating a new build studio within M13. This collaboration will leverage expertise in P&G's consumer-inspired innovation and concepts and M13's robust brand expertise, incubation capabilities, and funding to help accelerate the growth of selected consumer businesses. Our first initiative will be to accelerate the growth of a brand within the women’s health space. To do this, we are looking to build a high-powered founding management team to craft and execute the strategy to scale the business.
Just as with any start-up business, the ambition is that the founding team members will be generalists in nature - stepping in for whatever is required at that point in the life cycle. That said, we are looking for five distinct skill-sets to help grow the business:
Head of Operations - manage the operational elements of the business including financials, fundraising, scalability, team, and culture.
Head of Product - the visionary who will lead the development and life cycle of physical and digital products.
Head of Brand - an expert in establishing a brand presence and driving brand love.
Head of Acquisition - drive growth through customer acquisition via omnichannel.
Head of Technology - lend proven technical background to help establish and progress tech products that are part of the business.
M13 is committed to funding and supporting these companies through to a Series A investment. We are also committed to ensuring founders are well compensated with a mix of elements including company equity. For the right leader, this is an excellent opportunity to establish an entrepreneurial career.
Who you are
- team leader and player – you can operate as part of this founding team – building trust, mutual respect, communicating and helping to curate team culture.
- passionate, determined, resilient – you can inspire, instill confidence in, and interface with multiple stakeholders – employees, customers, investors, suppliers, consumers, and other partners.
- operate with tenacity and agility - you move easily to address challenges and opportunities.
- demonstrate curiosity, creativity and think big - the world is ever-evolving, requiring new thinking and creative solutions to business challenges.
- focus on consumer experience and have a growth mindset – you relentlessly focus on consumer needs and know how to translate those into a product strategy – from design through to go-to-market in a fast-paced, agile environment. You have a passion for and exposure to disruptive innovation within the consumer and consumer tech sectors.
- proven hands-on approach - you will be in the weeds so being comfortable getting your hands dirty.
- a preference if you have operational experience – you have a track record of success leading the operations of businesses.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA is a plus.
M13 Fund II is a $150M venture fund, making it one of the largest consumer tech-dedicated venture funds in Southern California with top-tier investors and advisors. Prior to this new fund, M13 deployed $100M from its first fund, building a portfolio that includes Lyft, Ring, Juul, Bonobos, ClassPass, Rothy’s, Daily Harvest, and many others.
The goal of our incubator is to be the leading consumer technology innovation studio in the world. Our strategies to do so are focused on reducing as much friction as possible prior to launch. We are obsessed with founding teams and place particular focus on equipping them with the tools and resources they need to be successful. Our second area of focus is ensuring the operational success of the business by taking a data-driven approach to testing and validation of important aspects prior to launch.
M13 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We deeply understand the value of bringing together a team with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.