Field Operations Manager
Field Operations Manager
Join a team that appreciates your work. Boingo Wireless has been named among the best places to work 4 years in a row. We provide the tools and support so that you can do your job. We also have a healthy pipeline of new projects coming up.
As our Field Ops Manager, you should be an experienced manager of multiple remote teams - ready to lead projects providing our clients properties with wired and wireless data, video network deployment, and operations in the MDU vertical. Since this role is home-office based, you’ll need to be a self-starter, with experience helping to scope projects, and then driving to completion. Boingo is a highly collaborative environment, where cross-functional work is highly valued. We’re all in this together! You should also have experience interpreting and satisfying customer technical, installation and aesthetic requirements, in setting up low voltage installation in commercial and residential buildings with diverse floor plans and construction. Strong project management skills, including planning, scheduling, management and communication skills as well as attention to detail will be critical to your success in this position.
- Team-lead responsibility for the construction, test, and launch of Boingo wireless services in MDU vertical
- Conduct on-site implementation and operations work in accordance with agreements, contracts and project plans.
- Support the discovery, review, and evaluation of all potential service sub-contractors.
- Follow program management tracking and reporting process.
- Develop and adhere to project budget(s).
- Conduct on-site management of field personnel, contractors and subcontractors.
- Conduct site surveys for constructability and RF design considerations
- Prepare or oversee the preparation of installation and final as-built drawing packages
- Award and monitor installation subcontractor performance in accordance with:
- SOW, schedule, budget, and quality standards
- Support field and network engineers during testing phase, as-required
- Minimum of 3-5 years of operations management experience - inside plant or cable, telecommunications and Wi-Fi design, installation and optimization experience is strongly desired
- Supervisory experience of multiple remote field-based teams
- Experience with Wi-Fi access points, preferably with Ruckus and Cisco equipment
- Familiarity with installation of switches and UPS units
- Experience identifying building architecture and construction techniques
- Experience prioritizing and planning work for team and then adjust as project or venue priorities change, without missing deadlines
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, to include Visio
- Proficiency with Windows or Mac, and various handheld OS wireless network settings (to troubleshoot with customers)
- Physical requirements: ability to lift and carry ~70 pounds.
- Willing and able to travel within region – 25%-50% of the time
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong desire to make a difference!
Nice to have
- PMP or other PMI certification
- Proficiency with switch configurations, including VLANs, trunking vs. access and other port settings
- Knowledge of wireless technology, including 802.11 b/g/n/ac and point-to-point radios
- Knowledge and/or experience with point to point microwave radios, Cisco switching, routing and wireless equipment
- Experience with installation and maintenance of outdoor fixed wireless systems, including microwave, millimeter wave and unlicensed 5.8 GHz radios
Boingo Wireless, Inc. (NASDAQ: WIFI) helps the world stay connected. Our vast footprint of Wi-Fi and cellular networks covers more than a million locations and reaches over a billion consumers annually – in places as varied as airports, stadiums, military bases, and multifamily communities. The Boingo platform drives revenue through various products, including Wi-Fi, DAS (cellular), Media, Wholesale, and more.
We’re an enthusiastic team, dedicated to growing our business by building amazing, valuable products. We know that our field staff is key to our success so we work hard to stay connected as a team. We make sure our field teams are included in the things we do at HQ - from live-streaming our quarterly all-hands meetings, to our Halloween Costume contest, to March Madness, and trivia contest. We even provide gift certificates for lunch. We want you to feel a part of everything we do. In addition, Boingo offers an incredible benefits package, including health, dental vision, 401(k) match, equity, unlimited vacation, parental leave, and equity. It’s no wonder we’ve been named among the Best Places to Work in LA for four years and counting!
Boingo is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.