We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
UMG is currently seeking to fill the role of Facilities Coordinator. As a member of the Administrative Services Department, the Facilities Coordinator is responsible for providing general facilities and administrative support. Reports directly to the Executive Director, Administrative Services assisting in the daily operations and functions of the Los Angeles offices of the Universal Music Group and affiliate labels.
- Interact with both employees and facilities representatives in the coordination of addressing issues, maintenance requests and corrective measures
- Primary contact with onsite 3rd party Property Management company for facilities related requests.
- Customer facing position requires top notch customer service skills.
- Process invoices and distribute for approval. Maintain invoice file and responsible for follow-up on A/P and A/R related problems
- Coordinate meetings, conference calls and schedules
- Backup coverage for other Facilities coordinators and/or receptionists
- Coordinate, maintain and distribute incoming invoices and correspondence
- Provide administrative support; greet visitors, answer phones, generate internal/external correspondence, reporting, deliveries & filing.
- Coordinate and maintain telephone system requests (name changes, moves, and software changes).
- Assist in the planning, organizing, coordination and facilitation of various city and state mandated safety programs including fire drills, and floor warden programs.
- Ability to exercise good judgment with sensitive and confidential information.
- Help plan, organize and set up various internal and external employee events throughout the year
- Participate in the planning and execution of various personnel moves in and around building and offsite locations as needed
- Assist with setting up new employees with required credentials, office space, equipment and supplies
- Will need to be able to lift and move light objects up to approx. 30 lbs and can be able to walk, sit and stand for periods of time.
- Ability to work overtime and weekends for moving, inspection and renovation projects.
- Infrequently work in construction environments involving dust & noise.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Prior experience in property/facility management position is a plus.
- Current valid driver's license and adequate auto insurance.
- Ability to travel independently and spontaneously to various locations.
- Knowledge of Office Services; mail room, conference rooms, reception, parking & security.
- Space assignments
- Tenant/employee relations & events
- Relocations and moves
- General real estate and property management operations
- Project planning
- Excellent follow through and problem-solving skills
- Must be computer proficient, including good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. Auto CAD experience is a plus.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Must be proficient and enjoy multitasking
- Solid people and customer service skills
- Must function well as a member of a team
- Minimum of two (2) years Coordinator, in facilities, property management, office management or other relevant real estate position(s).
- High School diploma required, college degree a plus
- BOMA, IFMA or other real estate accreditations a plus
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.