Leaf Group is a multifaceted company looking for an Executive Assistant to support our EVP, People and CTO & COO from our Santa Monica, CA Office. The ideal candidate must be able to work closely with the executives to ensure timely management of calendars, projects, and meetings with both internal and external customers.
A big vision calls for a big job. As we grow, our need for a Executive Assistant grows with us.
Leaf Group is a diversified Internet company that builds platforms to enable communities of creators to reach passionate audiences in large and growing lifestyle categories. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of art, design and technology. We want people with an intense curiosity, a commitment to high quality service, who embrace the fun of the journey. Come help us disrupt and transform the digital media and art world!
We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. We encourage all of our employees to learn and grow personally and professionally so they can assume greater responsibilities and advance their careers within the department or within one of our operating businesses. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
A typical day as an Executive Assistant might include:
- Plan and maintain executive calendars, communicating changes, issuing reminders, and serving as gatekeeper for incoming requests. Includes proactively planning food and meals to maximize executives’ time in office.
- Coordinate business travel arrangements, including planning seat assignments, car services, hotels, and itineraries to maximize productivity.
- Process expense reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Answer and screen calls, greet external guests, and interact with and for executives using high level of professionalism and diplomacy.
- Interact frequently with various internal departments, external organizations, and senior executives. Aid in departmental initiatives, programs, and projects as needed
- Manage contact and lead databases, keeping them timely and accurate. Create and maintain other business files.
- Create and refine department presentations, spreadsheets, and other documents.
- Utilize a high degree of common sense and confidentiality with very sensitive business information.
- Independently work on assignments and projects. Follow-up on action items from cross-team projects.
- Backup for other assistants as needed.
You’ll be successful if you are Passionate. Sharp. Scrappy. High EQ. Grit. Engaged. Driven.
What You Have:
- 1-3 years’ experience supporting executives at the administrative level
- Proficiency in MS Office and G-Suite
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to proactively navigate changing priorities and complex situations in a friendly but assertive manner
- Ability to maintain professionalism and confidentiality at all times
- Impeccable judgment on prioritizing meeting requests, customers, and other events to help executives achieve corporate objectives
- Mature, independent team-player with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and to anticipate needs and requirements with follow-through
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Not afraid to wear multiple hats - no job being too small or too large
- We're casual and informal but we work hard and work responsibly. A pleasant and supportive demeanor goes a long way.
What We Have:
- Winner of Comparably's 2018 Best Company Los Angeles Award and 2017 Best Company for Diversity Award
- Winner of Built In LA's 2018 Top Companies to Work for
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages (i.e., Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, 401K)
- Cool office environment and culture
- Discounted gym memberships
- Paid-to-play vacation rewards
- Discretionary unlimited vacation time
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.