Position reports to the CFO of UMPG and will assist CFO and small global finance team. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, able to work independently, a multi-tasker in a sometimes fast-paced environment, extremely organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to determine priorities.
- Answer telephones
- Manage calendar
- Make travel arrangements
- Prepare expense reports
- Prepare and/or update financial schedules using excel;
- Become familiar with Hyperion HFM to run reports and analyze transactions for accuracy;
- Run reports from UMPG's internal Business Intelligence and royalty system to assist with analyzing financial results;
- Research consumption patterns for various artists
- Maintain UMPG's global organizational charts and headcount overviews
- Other duties and special projects as assigned, including organizing events – sometimes overseas.
- Must be a team player as this is a small department;
- Must be able to handle confidential information appropriately;
- Must be able to communicate effectively, be motivated, very organized and able to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong interest in music (publishing) preferable
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, Word andOutlook; experience with General Ledger software will be helpful – SAP preferred;
- Minimum 4 years of college, preferably including some accounting classes.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.