Executive Assistant and Office Manager
REX is a well-funded, game-changing real estate technology startup founded in Los Angeles. We have offices in Austin, TX, the Bay Area and Woodland Hills, CA. With the goal of improving the lives of home buyers and sellers, REX created a digital platform and real estate service that eliminates traditional agent commissions, sells homes faster and shifts control away from agents over to those who matter most: consumers. REX is now servicing customers in California, Colorado, Texas, Oregon, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Florida. REX is set to become one of LA’s next billion-dollar startups and this role is a unique opportunity to have a major hand in that goal.
As part of our social mission, REX sets aside a portion of all income from selling homes to fund homes for families in dire need. It is our mission to contribute one home for every 50 homes we sell. We’ve started in Sihanoukville, Cambodia, where we partnered with World Housing and the Cambodian Children’s Fund to help homeless families get back on their feet.
About the Position:
REX is seeking an experienced Executive Assistant and Office Manager. This person will assist two executives with light scheduling and travel coordination. They will also manage the operations and events, and act as the host for the Woodland Hills office. A critical function will be to help with refining, enhancing and finalizing PowerPoint presentations and other communications with exceptional attention to detail.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist on-site executives with calendaring or meetings and schedule management, travel arrangements, and coordination with off-site executives and their EA’s
- Assist Executives and senior managers with creation and polishing of PowerPoint presentations, working with graphic designers as necessary
- Manage in-house meeting preparation and accommodations (ordering lunch, setting up presentations, validating parking, etc.)
- Manage the operations of the Woodland Hills office, including liaising with building management, ordering office supplies, stocking the kitchen and maintaining a professional appearance
- Manage inbound digital, phone and physical communications and route to the appropriate people, keeping records as appropriate
- Act as the gatekeeper and use critical thinking skills to qualify potentially valuable networking conversations
- Plan office events such as annual holiday parties, quarterly Roundups, weekly team lunches and ad hoc events
Qualifications and Skills:
- At least 5 years in an Executive Assistant role for high-profile executive
- Highly skilled with PowerPoint, Word, and basic Excel
- A high sense of urgency, and ability to take on multiple projects and deliver them on time in a very fast-pace work environment
- Strong emotional intelligence as it relates to business
- Experience managing business and professional calendars, meetings, and travel plans
- Exceptional attention to details and ability to follow instructions
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with high-level external stakeholders
- Willingness to do whatever is needed to make the Woodland Hills office effective
Compensation: Attractive salary and benefits with an equity stake in this fast-growing tech company.