We’re looking for someone to help coordinate logistics & deliverables for events sponsored, attended, & put on by Scorpion. You will work closely with the corporate marketing department members to provide support for conferences & events to ensure successful execution from start to finish. This includes assisting with logistical planning of large conferences as well as supporting smaller events & trade shows. You will be expected to juggle multiple tasks while prioritizing key deliverables. Communicating via phone & email to internal & external groups will be a large part of this role in support of the Corporate Events Manager.
You will be expected to help secure exhibit space contracts & sponsorship opportunities. Due to the variety of people involved in these events, you should have strong interpersonal & collaboration skills with an ability to communicate at all levels of an organization both internally & externally. This role will work with vendors to ensure timely, cost-effective execution for all conference/event related items. Everything from coordinating distribution of materials & other items for events to packing & sending materials will be a part of your regular routine.
Pay: Salary + Bonuses
- 2+ years of work experience
- Customer service experience
- Previous event/trade show/conference planning &/or execution experience
- College degree
- Maintaining inventory of promotional &/or marketing items over a long period of time
Attributes: creative, extremely organized, flexible, upbeat, work well under pressure, easily alternate between team & independent work
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Strong proficiency in MS Windows & MS Office applications
- Proven ability to overcome obstacles & get results
- Strong research & negotiation skills
- Good attention to detail
- Adept at handling multiple projects simultaneously under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to handle the unexpected challenges that always happen prior to & during an event