Director of Shipping and Logistics
In this role you will:
- Work with parcel couriers, key accounts, and omni-channel logistics services to minimize the cost and time of product travel.
- Interface with product and engineer team to design, develop and continually improve shipping logic.
- Coordinate with international groups and carriers to expand and improve our International experience.
- Troubleshoot order issues with Product and Business Development teams to ensure existing orders move quickly through issues.
- Budget, plan and track the financial impact of shipping throughout the organization, communicate with Executive leadership regularly.
- Working with the talent team, build-out, train and lead a team focus on making shipping a core-competency of Goat.
- Manage process and courier drop-offs and pickups.
- Ensure product moves throughout the building in the correct flow.
- Maintain a clean work area to help ensure that merchandise remains clean and to help prevent work related injuries.
- Follow all Goat policies and procedures.
- Be flexible to manage other assignments as they come up.
We are looking for:
- Highly organized with demonstrated attention to detail.
- Proven results negotiating parcel rates with major and regional carriers.
- Experience importing and exporting throughout major industrialized nations.
- Mastery of Excel / Spreadsheets for analysis and reporting.
- Ability to write and understand database queries for data pulling.
- Willing and able to operate carts, dollies and other moving equipment to move
- quantities of merchandise.
- A quick learner, a self-starter, able to work independently, and you're willing (and
- able) to handle the pressures of an increasing level of responsibility.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Must be able to lift and move boxes (up to 35 pounds).
- Must be available and willing to work extended hours as occasionally needed (during crunch times!) per day or per week, including weekends and holidays, to meet business needs.
Benefits & Perks:
- Join the early team and work closely with founders on all aspects of the company
- Medical, dental and vision
- Daily catered lunches from LA’s best restaurants
- Accrued sick days
Founded in 2015 and based in Los Angeles, California, GOAT is the safest way to buy and sell sneakers. Whether you’re looking to buy rare sneakers, discover new ones, or earn money by listing sneakers you already own, GOAT is your destination. And with an authentication service, buyer protection guarantee and great customer service, it’s the safest option in the industry. We are backed by some of the leading names in venture capital, including Accel Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, Ashton Kutcher, Guy Oseary, Matrix Partners, NEA, SV Angel, Upfront Ventures and Y Combinator.