Director of Real Estate
Clutter is an on-demand, technology company based in Los Angeles that is disrupting the $50B/year self-storage and moving industries. We’ve built an end-to-end logistics and supply chain platform that enables us to offer consumers a much more convenient solution at price parity with the incumbents. We’ve raised $300M from a number of VCs, including SoftBank, Sequoia, Atomico and GV (formerly Google Ventures). We have 500+ team members and tens of thousands of customers in 7 major markets across the US with plans to be in 50+ markets, domestically and internationally, within the next 5 years!
At Clutter, we're fortunate to be providing a consumer value proposition that people love and one that makes economic sense - a true product/market fit that few startups ever find. To deliver on our promise to consumers, team members and investors, we're focused on hiring, training and retaining exceptional individuals. This means that we have a very thorough interview process and maintain high performance expectations, but we'll always be transparent with you and respectful of your time.
We are looking for a pedigreed, driven, and strategically-minded Director of Real Estate to help Clutter scale its real estate platform to meet its business objectives. This person will report to the VP of Finance.
What you’ll do:
- Establish a scale-able real estate portfolio strategy for current and existing markets and execute against it
- Take the lead on portfolio optimization strategy (renegotiation, relocations, and closures) and portfolio management (terminations, expirations, and renewals)
- Identify opportunities for Clutter to generate more business value from its current and future real estate portfolio
- Develop an end-to-end real estate playbook while obtaining cross-functional alignment from various stakeholders. As part of this exercise, develop and manage processes, tools, and systems to insure the complete cycle of real estate management functions is completed consistently and predictably, while managing a robust opportunity pipeline
- Lead the site and property selection process and coordinate resources to support due diligence evaluation of new opportunities
- Negotiate leases and coordinate all stakeholders involved in execution
- Design, build, and lead a high functioning real estate team that is capable of executing against your real estate strategy
- Consistently challenge practices to ensure the team is consistently raising the bar on its performance
What we’re looking for:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree from a top university
- Background: 7+ years of commercial or industrial real estate experience
- Entrepreneurial: act like an owner and make decisions as such
- Intelligent: solve problems creatively using the resources that are available to you
- Diligent: obsess over the data and details