Director of Label Catalog
Universal Music Group is looking for a Director of Label Catalog at UMe under their Commercial Sales team to work directly with Frontline labels. This position will partner with the Frontline label and their current artists & managers to develop and deliver effective partner & programmer promotions for streaming services/DSPs/physical retail and execute catalog marketing campaigns that maximize all potential revenue streams and marketshare for their assigned Frontline label's artist catalog. This role will work in tandem with the various departments at both UMe and the Frontline label under the direction of the EVP of Commercial with a dual line to the Commercial Lead at their assigned Frontline Label.
- Identify marketing & commercial opportunities for the marketing of playlists, playlist brands & streaming with a focus on driving the Frontline Label's catalog business, achieving/exceeding revenue targets & market share
- Use analytics & consumer insights to inform effective playlisting initiatives, marketing & commercial decisions
- Develop and maintain strong relationships and work specifically with DSP/Streaming service programmers (Spotify, Apple, Amazon, etc) and key account personnel at retail to drive catalog strategy, taking direction from the commercial team account leads and utilizing marketing, cultural capital and data to deliver on targets/goals/plans
- In conjunction with marketing and social media teams, help develop account partner currency in the form of social media support, playlisting and various others uses of partner platforms and tool-kits to help grow artist partnership
- Seek, secure and ensure promotional opportunities are executed within the scope of opportunity across the account base
- Effectively communicate specific data points that are meaningful to account relations and artist/manager expectations
- Develop and maintain thorough knowledge of assigned label's catalog including history, charts, social media platforms, digital and grassroots marketing efforts
- Understand the demographics that comprise artists' fan bases and, based on the assets delivered by artists, design and execute product promotions for all aspects of the marketplace
- Be immersed and speak eloquently to the relevance of an artist within the culture of the scene, conveying what is meaningful for account relations to deliver desired results
- Create and deliver weekly updates for all partners highlighting growth areas and opportunities on priority catalog and releases
- Consistently look to find new third party partners that can help market and promote our releases. Also work with pre-existing partners to develop new ways to help raise our partners' profiles
- Represent UMe maintaining a presence at label concerts and events.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to efficiently communicate strategy, results and market conditions that will drive project growth and optimization
- Strong communication skills with the ability to write and convey marketing plans/efforts to accounts, executives and management
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, including adaptability & effectiveness to work with team members from diverse backgrounds
- Strong organizational and time management skills, including prioritization and follow through
- 5+ years of applicable experience in the music industry (experience in catalog marketing preferred)
- Experience strategizing and executing marketing campaigns, including pitching proposals for prospective clients
- Must have numerous key contact/relationships across divisions of Apple, Spotify, Amazon, and other key DSPs/retail accounts
- Must be tech savvy with deep understanding of current & forthcoming technologies and general market trends
- Must be familiar with/able to navigate information tools such as Nielsen, Buzz Angle, and learn and utilize numerous data dashboards
- Must be creative, innovative, detail-oriented and resourceful
- Must be highly organized and able to prioritize and multi-task
- Bachelors Degree preferred
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.