Director of Information Systems
Greater LA Area
NEXT Trucking is a venture-backed company boldly taking on the challenge of digitizing the $800B freight trucking industry. Our technology is transforming the way shippers and truckers engage and communicate by creating a platform where shippers can instantly find truckers with capacity and have real time tracking updates and transparency with the movement of their freight throughout the entire shipping process.
NEXT was founded by Lidia Yan and Elton Chung with over 20+ years of experience in logistics and technology. We have raised a total of $125M from investors like Sequoia and Brookfield. We have assembled a team with experience from companies such as Airbnb, Amazon, Apple, CH Robinson, Google, Salesforce, Snap, and Uber. Come join us as we innovate the transportation industry.
About The Role:
Disrupting an industry as large as the US freight industry is complicated work that requires lights out execution across every function in the business. NEXT’s success depends on every organization in the business performing at its peak. In order to accomplish this, every organization requires access to tools and information to make the best decisions as efficiently as possible.
We are looking for a director of information systems to manage and architect our internal systems infrastructure and IT infrastructure. You will be responsible for driving Salesforce, Netsuite, etc. implementations and integrations. Working very closely with leaders throughout the business to define system use cases, interoperability, and best practices. You will also be responsible for leading our corporate IT team.
What You'll Do
- Facilitate and resource internal systems (Netsuite, Salesforce, etc.) implementation, support, and interoperability.
- Define the architecture for how NEXT’s internal systems communicate and lead integration efforts.
- Work with leaders throughout the organization to ensure departmental systems are implemented in a consistent manner and appropriately evolving as we scale.
- Ensure data visibility and accessibility in NEXT’s internal systems, and make that data accessible to NEXT’s data warehouse.
- Lead corporate IT activities; from procurement to new hire experience. Strive to ensure team members have everything they need to be successful.
What You'll Have
- Strong belief in the mission and business opportunity at NEXT
- Agility in learning and working with a variety of disparate corporate systems.
- Capable of understanding the workflows and needs of many different functions throughout NEXT and how their workflows intersect with NEXT’s corporate systems.
- Demonstrable empathy and customer centricty.
- Comfortable with vendor management and negotiation.
- Strong understanding of the intersection business operations and corporate systems.
- Data-driven mindset.
What You'll Receive
- Competitive Base Salary + Equity
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K w/ company match
- Vacation and holidays
- Fun perks: open office, dog-friendly, unlimited snacks, and monthly catered lunches!
- Join a rapidly growing technology company disrupting the trucking industry
NEXT is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected]
To all recruitment agencies: NEXT does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, NEXT employees or any other organization location. NEXT is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description