Director of Fulfillment
Golden Hippo Media is a young, growing digital marketing company committed to helping everyone live their healthiest life. We create cutting edge health, wellness, and beauty products and work tirelessly to get them into the hands of the people who need them most — our customers. We’re growing fast, but our core values remain the same as when we were founded in 2010.
Golden Bolt, the fulfillment division of Golden Hippo Media, is currently looking for a Director of Fulfillment for our fulfillment center in Chatsworth, CA. This role will oversee a fulfillment building including staffing, supervising and coordinating production teams while maintaining a “safety first” attitude. The Director of Fulfillment will assist in developing best practices for the fulfillment building and perform various financial analyses reporting to make process improvement recommendations to production and quality.
HERE IS WHAT WE OFFER YOU
At Golden Hippo you have a chance to make an impact. You will have the opportunity to be creative, take initiative and grow. A career at Golden Hippo is more than just a job. It’s the chance to work among friends every day, to work and play hard, and to see the results of your work firsthand. We work in a lively, laid back work environment with a fully stocked kitchen for our employees to use. We also offer:
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- Matching 401K plan
- Highly interactive work with a talented, passionate team
- UNLIMITED room for growth and results-based pay increases
WHAT YOUR DAY IS LIKE
- Reading and analyzing charts, work orders, production schedules and other records and reports to determine production requirements and to evaluate current production estimates and outputs.
- Planning and establishing work schedules, assignments and production sequences to meet production goals.
- Inspecting materials, products or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions.
- Interpreting specifications, blueprints, job orders and company policies and procedures for workers.
- Overseeing the creation and maintenance of work procedures, policies and training programs; demonstrating equipment operations and work and safety procedures to new employees or assigning employees to experienced workers for training.
- Observing work and monitor gauges, dials and other indicators to ensure that operators conform to production and processing standards.
- Conferring with management or subordinates to resolve worker problems, complaints or grievances.
- Be responsible for the development and implementation of company-wide supply chain logistics and information technology strategies, supporting overall company objectives.
- Be responsible for the entire IT hardware and software platforms, ERP, TMS, WMS, systems
- Involved in system interface documentation; warehouse processes, optimization and migration of new platforms.
- Managing all contract proposals, project scopes, integration configuration activities to deliver technical solutions.
- Participating actively in forums and conventions, representing the company as a high performance, results driven and trustworthy organization.
- Understand the financial implications and develop ROI analysis, for current and proposed strategic investments.
- Be responsible for the day to day direction and administration of all activities within the Fulfillment building.
- Ensuring that long term objectives established in collaboration with executive management are achieved
- Overseeing department functions, ensuring department operates effectively and efficiently
- Supporting the entire organization by presenting a clear and compelling supply chain logistics and information technology vision to both internal and external stakeholders
- Challenge suggested technical solutions and ensure that innovative technologies are operationally understood prior to introduction
- Communicate best practices and communicates KPI’s weekly, monthly, and quarterly
- Promote and ensure a clean and safe work environment
BEST CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- A BS/BA degree and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the field of logistics /project management preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years management experience required with broad management experience in multiple areas of Logistics, Industrial Engineering, Management, Distribution, Transportation, and Information Technology.
- Experience working in eCommerce fulfillment center environment is strongly preferred.
- Considerable experience successfully working with all levels of leadership.
- Strong experience leading employee development, with a history of building and developing high caliber, performance driven teams.
- Integrity, a sense of urgency, be accountable, be results driven, self-motivated and a good team player accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills, negotiating skills, professional appearance and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- A dedication to customer service that will permeate the entire organization.
- Experience and proficiency in common computer software, e.g., MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of WMS management software is also required.
- Able to follow written or verbal instructions
- Demonstrate good communication skills in English
Golden Hippo is always looking for smart, driven self-starters who are excited to build a place for themselves in one of the most fun, exciting companies in Los Angeles. If you thrive on community and communication, learning from your failures, and embracing the unexpected, Golden Hippo just might be the place for you.