Director of Facilities
As the Director of Facilities, you will develop, lead and execute strategies that maintain and support all types of store and operating facilities across all markets. You have an ability to drive a very high level of performance around the repair and maintenance standards of our physical assets in a complex and highly transformative operating environment supporting our mission of building healthier communities by connecting people to real food.
The role will report to the Vice President of Ops Services and be based out of SG Treehouse in Culver City, Los Angeles
You will be responsible for the following:
Repair and Maintenance
- Develop strategies on optimizing repair and maintenance service to the field and identify and empanel qualified vendors and repair services as required to meet business needs
- Lead preventative and reactive repair and maintenance activities across all markets
- Lead and develop field based Facilities Management professionals that are experts in delivering a high quality, low cost and timely service level to the field operations team
- Ensure frequent and timely reporting on service levels to the field.
- Serve as Facilities Manager for specific territory of restaurants to provide Operations with day-to-day run the business support.
- Drive continuous improvements for the organization through holding vendors accountable to established KPIs, actively consulting and training Operations teams on key topics, engaging the Field Operations Leaders team to understand and address their challenges and meeting KPIs established to meet Facilities Managers performance
- Play a key role in implementing the optimal Facilities work order management systems to manage the day-to-day and inform future strategies through reporting and analytics.
Capital & Revenue Budgets
- Lead the development of budgets for repair and maintenance with key stakeholders, managing to aligned budgets, and executing strategies to reduce cost
- Prepare capital allocation strategies and manage budgets associated with equipment replacement and remodels in partnership with Finance and Operations
- Develop and maintain a repair vs. replace decision matrix/model
Facilities Design, Remodels and NRO’s:
- Provide active insights and input into functional design of facilities and choice of equipment to the design and construction team and influence decisions that are favorable for the long term upkeep of assets
- Lead back of the house and minor front of the house remodels, working closely with design and construction team where appropriate
- Actively participate in the new store turnover process to ensure deep understanding of the asset and any unique issues that may impact facilities upkeep on an ongoing basis
- Lead the facilities team and develop team members both from a professional skill and leadership perspective
- Create and execute disciplines and routines for self and team that lead to engagement with field, cross functional team, quality control and superior vendor management
- An exceptional executive in the space of Facilities Management with strategic and functional skills
- Well versed in Service Channel and its technology platforms to maximize its impact on R&M spend and trend analysis
- A strong leader, cross-functional collaborator and proven expert in execution/implementation
- Flexible and excel in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing business environment
- Able to travel 40-50% of the time
- At least 10 years of prior experience in related multi-unit facility environment; with emphasis on management in a restaurant environment
- 5 years of leadership experience
- A B.S. in relevant field or equivalent in education and experience. Certification in Facilities Management through International Facilities Management Association or other organization preferred.
- Financial acumen and understanding of budgets, project planning and estimating
- Strong technical knowledge of all aspects of restaurant facilities maintenance, including HVAC, refrigeration, food prep and production equipment, electrical, plumbing and building systems and finishes.
- Strong communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong organization, planning and computer skills e.g. facilities management tools and Excel
- Knowledgeable in governing codes, safety (OSHA) rules, sanitation (NSF), and building codes (BOCA)
- Excellent consulting skills and ability to influence senior stakeholders to get things accomplished within a matrixed organization
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
What you'll get:
- Competitive pay + bonus plan granted based on performance
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Our annual Impact Retreat offsite
- Free sweetgreen swag
- Complimentary sweetgreen
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.