How your skills and passion will come to life at Headspace:
- Lead all Headspace’s events activities, leveraging both internal and external resources as needed based on location and scale of events.
- Negotiate best pricing for venues, accommodations, travel, catering, A/V and other key deliverables while remaining within the confines of specified budgetary restrictions.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external cross-functional partners as required.
- Analyze and report on event outcomes, including post-event surveys, budget recaps, and post mortems to ensure efficiencies and continuous improvement.
- Demonstrate exceptional interpersonal, collaboration, and problem-solving skills, including diplomacy to negotiate conflicting priorities and develop strong relationships.
- Manage multiple event timelines and be able to prioritize multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Service-oriented and willing to perform all duties necessary to ensure successful, high quality events.
- Able to travel as required.
What you’ve accomplished:
- Bachelor’s degree in a hospitality, events management or related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of event management experience in a high-profile role within a large, global enterprise.
- History of successfully planning high-profile events, especially in Los Angeles, New York and international destinations.
- Possess domestic and international capabilities and connections.
- Have a keen eye for design, aesthetic excellence and a creative mindset. Know the latest event trends, fads and technologies…and love being an innovative leader in this space.
- Experience interfacing with senior executives, celebrities and high-profile guests.
- Strong budget management skills for events of varying size and scope.
- Extensive knowledge of meeting/event planning, industry best practices, and third-party service providers with a proven track record of producing high-quality events and the best possible rates.
- Strong project management skills and ability to be highly flexible, adapt to change, and influence/motivate others to produce the best possible work under all conditions.
- Ability to work and collaborate as part of a small, agile team.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills – nothing escapes your eye.
- Must be able to travel for site inspections and events, as well as work flexible and sometimes extended hours based on event requirements.
- Understanding of latest event management technology, as well as knowledge of event basics: audio/visual, lighting, cuisine/catering, giveaways/premiums/gifts, staging and general event-related logistics.
- Sense of urgency and outstanding problem-solving skills
- Polished, professional appearance and ability to act as an ambassador of Headspace.
How to get started: If you’re excited by the idea of seeing yourself in this role at Headspace, please apply with your CV and a cover letter that best expresses your interest and unique qualifications.