Data I/O Technician
Burbank, California-based Deluxe Entertainment Services Group, a wholly-owned subsidiary of MacAndrews & Forbes Holdings Inc., is the leading provider of a broad range of entertainment industry services and technologies. We offer complete film and digital solutions for production, post-production, major studio and independent theatrical release, broadcast, home entertainment, archiving and asset management. Deluxe operates facilities in major film, video and digital production markets around the world.
Data Operator is responsible for the secure transfer of all data entering or leaving the Mastering department. They are responsible for maintaining the Storage Area Network, and for archiving all created DCP content. They must ensure that all security protocols are followed when dealing with sensitive material, and must ensure 100% accuracy for all data deliveries.
- Manage all incoming and outgoing data
- SAN clean-up and archiving
- Ensure security protocols are followed
- Ensure 100% accuracy for all data deliveries
SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Willingness to work an overnight weekend schedule
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem resolution skills
- Self-starter with ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to handle multiple simultaneous projects and tasks and prioritize work; works well under
- Proficient with Linux, Mac OS, Windows (including reading, writing, browsing, safely deleting,
organizing, running scripts, and troubleshooting)
- Comfortable with unix command line
- Understanding of computer networks, including hardware, protocols and firewalls in a production
environment; Can minimally assist Engineering with troubleshooting
- Experience using multiple types of physical media (including how to mount them in all environments,
troubleshoot issues, understand/articulate transfer speed capabilities)
- Ability to pick up new workflows quickly and adapt to ever changing technology
- Experience with and understanding of electronic delivery services (Aspera products, Signiant products,
- Knowledge of Digital Cinema workflows, standards, and mastering tools
- Experience and understanding of anti-piracy measures and the relationship with Security in a
Production / Distribution environment.
- Two (2) to three (3) years of experience in data management is preferred
- One (1) to two (2) years of experience in the digital cinema industry is preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College/University or equivalent professional experience
Deluxe’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.