Customer Support Representative
Do you have a passion for building meaningful relationships with your clients? Do you aspire to be a part of a team that leaves it all on the field in the name of customer service? If so, this may be your next opportunity! We’re looking for a highly-motivated Customer Support Representative who is relentless in helping customers as quickly and efficiently as possible.
About the Team:
At ChowNow, we are passionate about serving the needs of over 8,000 restaurants to help them compete in an increasingly technical world. Our team works on products focused on restaurant clients and their diners (who transact over $1,000,000 daily on the ChowNow platform).
We believe positive relationships make our team able to do more with less. You will collaborate, learn, teach, and experiment with new approaches to getting big things done together.
Our team is located in the Playa Vista neighborhood and tech hub of Los Angeles — 5 minutes from both the beach and the freeways. We believe in equal opportunity for all, and you should too. We’ve been named a Best Place to Work, have been certified as a Great Place to Work, and have a whole bunch of happy employees on Glassdoor.
About the Position:
As a Customer Support Rep, you are our front-line defense at helping our restaurants and diners have a positive experience with ChowNow via the phone, email, and our online chat feature. Specifically, you are responsible for processing 1,000 tickets per month and maintaining a case score of 3.5+.
Within 1 Month You'll...
- Complete the ChowNow New Hire Ramp Camp.
- Learn about ChowNow and about the restaurant industry, gaining an understanding of our product and our customers.
- Complete all scheduled trainings with CS Managers and other ChowNow trainers to learn how to use all internal tools and how each of the features of the product work, including basic features as well as all add-on features.
- Solve your first 300 email and inbound call cases.
- Learn from our CS Managers to triage incoming customer inquiries, and the process to escalate as necessary to internal teams.
Within 3 Months You'll...
- Consistently handle customer inquiries within set SLAs.
- Prioritize and escalate issues in way that focuses on the most critical customer needs.
- Successfully graduate our product training course to be able to explain product feature and best practices for how to use them.
Within 6 Months You'll...
- Be eligible to participate in the CS Badging Program, which is a way to become an expert in different areas within ChowNow. Once you have a badge, you will be the go-to person in CS to handle internal escalations around your badge topic.
Within 12 Months You'll...
- Proactively identify, pilot and implement ways to increase efficiency in Customer Support processes; assess results and refine.
- Assist in training new CSRs through shadowing sessions and coaching on best practices.
You Should Apply If...
- You have a solid foundation in customer service including written and verbal communication with customers. Past experience in technical customer service (email, phone, chat or live) is definitely a plus.
- You are smart, independent, self-motivated, empathetic, passionate about supporting our customers, and a team player even in stressful situations.
- You’re incredibly organized, detail-oriented, and are capable of handling multiple responsibilities at the same time, specifically a high-volume of inbound phone calls.
- You have a mindset for using technology and can quickly learn how to use new tools.
- You’re available to begin a shift as early as 6:00am and end as late as 9:00pm.
- You’re available to work some holidays and weekends.
About Our Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities.
- A "best place to work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience.
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans.
- Open Vacation Policy; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life.
- Six weeks of fully paid primary parental leave and two weeks secondary leave.
- Employer contributing student loan assistance program.
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool).
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan.
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series.
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion).
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly.
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable.
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap
Read Full Job Description