Customer Service Representative - Drayage/Intermodal
- Monitor the flow of resources through the entire process to ensure on-time delivery.
- Direct the movement of outbound and inbound shipments
- Make recommendations with regard to transportation, routing, carrier selection and assist to meet customer requirements.
- Contacts transportation carriers and determines shipment set-up.
- Manages relationship with all carriers
- Provide backup as support to dispatch department
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office
- Continue to develop and manage all carriers
- Assist with the communications with carriers when issues arise.
- Maximize drivers’ efficiency and productivity
- Keep track of trucks via online tracking system
- Help grow capacity network and facilitate with Trucker onboard process
- Minimum 2 years’ freight/transportation dispatching experience
- Supervision of 25 drivers or greater
- Knowledgeable in state and federal safety regulations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Driver following a plus but not required
- Bi-lingual applicants a plus (English/Spanish or English/Chinese) but not required
NEXT Trucking Benefits
- Competitive Base Salary
- Full Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- 401K w/ company match
- Vacation and Holidays
- Join a rapidly growing technology company disrupting the trucking industry
NEXT Trucking is a venture-backed company boldly taking on the challenge of digitizing the $450B freight trucking industry. Our technology is transforming the way shippers and truckers engage and communicate by creating an on-demand platform where shippers can instantly find truckers with capacity and be able to have real time tracking updates and transparency with the movement of their freight throughout the entire shipping process. NEXT was founded by Lidia Yan and Elton Chung with over 20 + years of experience in logistics and technology. We have raised over $21M led by Sequoia Capital. We have assembled a team with experience from companies such as C.H. Robinson, Apple, Idealab, Kareo and GoFundMe. Come join us as we innovate the transportation industry.