Greater LA Area
GOAT Group is seeking a sneaker enthusiast looking to combine their passion with a full time career for Flight Club Los Angeles. The ideal candidate possesses a solid knowledge of not only sneakers, but of the footwear consignment industry for brands such as Nike, Jordan, Adidas, New Balance, etc. As a Junior Footwear Authentication Specialist, you must have the ability to verify authenticity of sneakers across the major sneaker brands. In addition, a Junior Footwear Authentication Specialist must keep up with footwear industry trends, sneaker releases, and collaborations with the world's best retailers, from streetwear to high fashion. You will not only determine authenticity of sneakers, but spot manufacturer defects, assess wear, and inspect SKU and size, ensuring that each buyer has the retail experience they've come to expect.
- Passion for sneakers, technology and helping others succeed
- Knowledge of sneakers across all brands, including originals and re-releases
- Ability to recognize current trends within the industry
- Highly organized with demonstrated attention to detail
- A quick learner, a self-starter, able to work independently, and you're willing (and able) to handle the pressures of an increasing level of responsibility
- Must be able to lift and move boxes (up to 35 pounds)
- Must be available and willing to work extended hours as occasionally needed (during crunch times!) per day or per week, including weekends and holidays, to meet business needs.
GOAT Group is the world’s largest marketplace for authentic sneakers. Its brands offer the greatest selection of sneakers available through company-operated retail stores, e-commerce sites and mobile apps under the GOAT and Flight Club brands. Through its innovative technology and service, GOAT Group has changed the landscape of sneaker commerce and has quickly become the world’s most trusted source to discover, buy and sell authentic sneakers.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable.
Read Full Job Description