CEO - Stealth Vehicle Service Platform Startup
CEO – END-TO-END VEHICLE SERVICE PLATFORM
Build the Next Digital Attacker in Automotive Service
BCG Digital Ventures is an ever-growing global team of entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, venture architects, product experts and investors. We invent, build and invest in startups with the world’s most influential companies. The business ventures we create build strategic advantages for some of the most important global companies and help them own the next horizon of innovation.
ABOUT THE VENTURE:
We are getting ready to launch and scale an automotive service startup that could transform the consumer vehicle ownership experience. The vision is an end-to-end vehicle service platform that connects consumers with repair shops leveraging the industry’s most advanced data platform. Financially backed and operationally supported by one of world’s most recognized automotive companies and BCGDV, this startup is well positioned to disrupt the $50B US auto repair industry and targets to touch over 100M cars in the US alone, infusing cutting edge technology into an industry primed for innovation.
We are looking for an exceptional CEO who is passionate about building businesses and teams to lead and own the end to end success of this disruptive startup.
Lead Strategy, disrupt and innovate
· Set the vision of the overall strategy from launch to scale; including defining long-term goals and strategies. Drive growth, profitability and company value.
· Continue to develop the business model ahead of the market.
· Provide expert guidance to all functional areas, including strategy, operations, sales & product.
Develop and implement scalable and efficient strategies to ensure both consistent results and exponential growth
Build Great Talent & Teams
· Attract, retain & develop world-class talent.
· Cultivate a high-performing, agile, one-team culture.
· Empower the team towards autonomous delivery, while exercising appropriate balance of control
· Lead by example
Win in the Marketplace
· Drive continuous improvement.
· Manage competition and threats in the marketplace, with constant evaluation of financial structure, capital strategy & strategic priorities.
· Own P&L and cash flow. Manage burn rate while growing the business ahead of market disruptions.
Execute with Excellence
· Drive day to day operations, making key decisions and trade-offs with resources and budget allocation
· Align resources to achieve key business priorities
· Proactively mitigate business, operational & governance risks.
· Manage burn rate effectively
Mobilize Stakeholders, inspire by meaning and purpose
· Drive ecosystem partnerships & relationships to drive growth.
· Lead outside venture or strategic funding
· Serve as chief external spokesperson for core mission, strategic priorities, product and services
· Establish credibility throughout ecosystem by authentic engagement to galvanize company to create & drive solutions to core business challenges.
Desired Expertise and Experience
· Start-up leadership experience (10+ years; prefer high growth company with funding and 50+ employees)
· Proven track record of building successful products and high caliber teams from the ground up
· P&L responsibilities at CEO level (or head of significant BU)
· Experience managing investor relationships, including complex consortiums
· Experience building products & teams from the ground up (ideally current role)
· Track-record of building and scaling two-sided digital marketplace, ideally in the automotive space
· Experience in automotive sector, in particular in automotive service or with an automotive OEM is recommended
Read Full Job Description