We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audio-visual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
Our commitment to innovation extends to our first-class Human Resources team, which is currently seeking an Administrative Assistant for our Santa Monica office. This is a great opportunity to join a fast-paced, project-centric, service-oriented HR Business Partner team focused on providing best in class service to the top music company in the industry. This position is ideal for a highly-motivated individual who is strongly committed to customer service and pursuing a career in Human Resources in a creatively driven industry.
What Bandmember Will You Perform As?
- Work in fast-paced team environment, supporting several VP's with staff that is distributed across the US
- Ensure accuracy, completeness and compliance when completing work.
- Professional interactions with visitors, executives, team members and employees.
- Utilize multiple systems to process invoices, complete expense reports, book travel (including international).
- Respond to inquiries and requests in a timely fashion.
- Maintains confidential and sensitive information.
- Navigate complex environment to schedule meetings, capture notes, track progress against org deliverables.
- Duties and responsibilities subject to change and may include additional responsibilities based on business needs.
How You Will Rock Your Role
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to interface with staff at all levels
- Professional, responsive interaction with all interfaces
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize deadlines and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to successfully balance work priorities across multiple demands
- Highly adaptable to a fluid and changing work environment
- Must have excellent follow through skills and the ability to anticipate and address business needs proactively
- Great team player; looks for opportunities to help the team achieve goals and deliverables
- Uses sound judgement and questions if something is out of the normal standards and processes
- Prepares reports
- 1+ years of administrative experience preferred
- HRIS experience; Workday, and Concur a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Bachelor's Degree preferred or equivalent experience
What's In It For You?
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.